Is _First Edition_ Gone?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  W7PAT 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Alfredo_T
    Participant

This morning, I heard a syndicated news show on KPAM instead of First Edition. Have we lost another local newscast on the radio?

radiogeek
    Participant

I’ve found the entire new KPAM a disappointment. I used to have it as one of my presets but I don’t even check it anymore.

What a shame.

Borderblaster
    Participant

AM 1590 is The Answer
    AM 870 is The Answer
    AM 1170 is The Answer
    AM 690 is The Answer
    930AM is The Answer
    AM 660 is The Answer
    AM 570 is The Answer
    AM 1460 is The Answer
    AM 1380 is The Answer
    AM 590 is The Answer

paulwalker
    Participant

As of right now, the website still shows the morning show intact. But that means little in today’s day and age.

http://www.kpam.com/common/page.php?pt=On-Air-Schedule&id=80

Chico
    Participant

First Edition pretty much died when Tim Hohl took his buyout and walked at the end of 2017. He is in a much better place now, making lots of people happy, as the proprietor of Coin Toss Brewing in Oregon City. http://www.cointossbrewing.com

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Chico.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

The regular broadcast returned Monday morning. I suspect that what was heard on Friday was a corporate-level decision to run the nationally syndicated news on all stations due to the recent news of the Mueller report.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Tucked away in a box somewhere, I have some reel-to-reel tapes that contain outtakes of Tim Hohl at KXL. These tapes were destined for the trash bin, but I rescued them.

W7PAT
    Participant

This morning at about 6:30 AM in Sunriver. “The Answer” on 860 from San Franciso was loud and clear. No sign of KPAM. Yesterday morning KPAM was loud and clear at the 6:30 AM time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.