Iowa Caucus Thread

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Republican side showing Cruz leading over Trump. Can’t say I’m disappointed, though I like Rubio who currently is a strong third. Still some time to go, but a bunch of GOP’s will likely duck out. EDIT: Cruz will win Iowa, Trump and Rubio battling for 2nd.

The Dems are almost in a dead heat with Clinton and Sanders. O’Malley is done.

paulwalker
    Participant

Huckabee first to suspend. Others will come, probably tonight.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Iowa means zero, especially for the GOP side of things.

For the GOP, the last 2 winners were Santorum and Huckabee. It figures Cruz wins tonight, he’s in the same nut house as the prior winners, and nationally, is unelectable, just like the prior two winners. Iowa is NOT an indicator in any way of the GOP nomination. It’s an indicator of who can dry hump the bible the most.

With that said, tonight’s big loser is Trump. And tonight’s big winner is Rubio. Rubio outperformed given it’s Iowa.

As for the Dems, I pay no attention to these results, as well as NH and SC. This race will be decided on Super Tuesday when Bernie gets burried. I love Bernie but he’s simply not electable on a national basis.

paulwalker
    Participant

Yet, Obama was given a nice kickoff by the Hawkeye State..

Langston
    Participant

Trump is a loosa here.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I am surprised Sanders & Clinton are still in a dead heat. Clinton thought she had Iowa in the bag at least a few weeks ago. Cruz did not surprise me, Iowa being so conservative. I would have been surprised if Trump won.

paulwalker
    Participant

Major software problems tonight on the democratic race, the democratic race is still up in the air.

missing_kskd
    Participant

They should be learning that, don’t use software lesson.

To me, this outcome means Bernie vs Hilary is a matter of genuine ambiguity among Dems. Good. More and better conversations should result.

I want Bernie, but will be just fine with both. This is a nice national dialog to have right now.

Which of two great choices do we go with?

The poor GOP. It’s all shit on their end, the only discussion being the least offensive smell.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.