In Like Flynn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    edselehr
    Participant

What level of malfeasance, conflict of interest or criminal activity does it take for this administration to scuttle someone? Flynn has all but admitted that he committed a crime, yet the Trump White House welcomes him back to the fold with open arms.

Trump acolytes who praise and genuflect to this president are either delusional, or rabid idealogues. Or both.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Both. With an extra helping of idiot.

Andy Brown
    Participant

This will be a ship that sinks quickly. Eventually the weight of its own malfeasance will bring it down all at once. This won’t be an administration that slowly breaks down a piece at a time. Think Watergate.

Andrew
    Participant

As I said in my thread about Flynn: if he violated the Logan Act, probably not enforceable. I don’t think anyone’s ever really been convicted for a Logan Act offense – maybe once ever?

The problem for Flynn would be if he lied to the FBI. if not, he’s probably going to be OK – for now.

paulwalker
    Participant

This thing seems to blowing up…another example of the ineptitude of the Trump White House.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politics/michael-flynn-justice-department-warning/index.html?adkey=bn

I would fully expect him to be fired or resign (the same thing), before the end of business tomorrow.

I wonder if Trump is looking fondly back on the days when his biggest decision was what kind of marble to use in his new hotels?

skeptical
    Participant

I saw a snippet on PBS where someone suggested that perhaps Trump LIKES chaos, perhaps even thrives on it.

paulwalker
    Participant

Good for us then!

Andy Brown
    Participant

He’s resigned.

edselehr
    Participant

Well, hey. Took one for the team, good soldier that he is.

Wonder how Trump is going to try to spin this as a “win”.

Andrew
    Participant

Remember all of the scandal like this in Obama’s administration? Yeah, neither do I.

I don’t recall any president’s national security adviser lasting less than a month. Maybe that’s Trump’s plan: drain the swamp by hiring these guys then telling then “You’re Fired” one at a time…

skeptical
    Participant

Trump dug his own swamp and is now draining it. Pure presidential level comedy. 🙂

Andrew
    Participant

Can you imagine if there was some sort of 9/11-type of emergency right now?

bookemdono
    Participant

How much did Trump know abd when did he know it. Doubtful Flynn acted on his own.

semoochie
    Participant

Regarding the thread heading, do you realize that there is probably an entire generation who thinks the phrase is “In Like Flint”?

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

The Trump people are all over TV lying about the episode and the timeline. Surprise!

Baghdad Barbie believes “the real story” is who in the intelligence community dared leak out the fact Flynn was a liar, somewhat of a kook, likely engaged in illegal activities, susceptible to blackmail by the Russian government, and was likely endangering our National Security. She refused to even address the fact The White House was warned about this week ago and chose to do nothing about it.

Worse than nothing, actually. They actively lied about.

The GOP is running from the media, and/or, offering no comment, and/or giving Trump a complete pass and suggesting that since Flynn has resigned all of this should quietly go away.

Guess what? It’s not going away.

You’ll see this quotation a lot in the coming days: What did the President know, and when did he know it?

The hypocrisy here is utterly amazing.

Party before country, in Trump Land.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.