iHeart strikes again – “revamp”, layoffs

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio iHeart strikes again – “revamp”, layoffs

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bossjock
    Participant
    tombrooks
    Participant

Very sad…Never heard the term “Employee Dislocation” before….condolences to those effective. Firings, layoffs.
    Not one for Politically Correct terms either.. When you put lipstick on a Pig, you still have….

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by tombrooks.
    Shirley Knott
    Participant

This pig don’t look so good in makeup. Gettin’ kinda old and fat.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

After reading through the story, it seems clear to me that iHeart paid some very good PR people to put together its press release.

Andy Brown
    Participant

No surprises here. They’ll keep abusing the corpse of radio, destroying people’s careers and lives in what will be a failed attempt to survive 20+ years of malfeasance. Like drumpf, they still have plenty of fans that think they are a good thing.

tombrooks
    Participant

Some of the groups I follow on Facebook are reporting iHeart deal was from 1000-1200 “Employee Dislocations”…stupid term again…

bleedingroid
    Participant

Can anybody please list the names of the professionals who got the hook today?

paulwalker
    Participant

Yes, I was wondering how this has effected the Seattle and Portland operations.

bossjock
    Participant

There are lists in several trades…this is the most comprehensive I’ve seen (but I’m sure not all-inclusive): http://ramp247.com/free-agent/iheartache-reorganization-major-layoffs/

Another one, by market: https://radioinsight.com/headlines/183270/ongoing-list-of-those-affected-by-iheartmedia-cuts/

Nothing seen for Portland, but Seattle lost two morning producers and a weekender.

bossjock
    Participant

Alfredo, you and one of the writers for Rolling Stone think alike – check out the third and fourth paras of this excellent article: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/iheartmedia-mass-layoffs-937513/

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by bossjock.
    paulwalker
    Participant

I now see KJR-fm morning jock Marty Reimer is out as well as KJR-am sports host Cliff Avril. KUBE morning co host Jenna also exits. edit: I see those in the links above, thank you boss. This is really a blood bath sadly.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

Why have anyone local anymore with the FCC removing the Main Studio rule? Just run everything from corporate headquarters in Tennessee or Georgia, and drive even more listeners away from listening.

Screamer
    Participant

Amen, Dan!

tombrooks
    Participant

Agreed Dan…who would have thought of what is happening today, in the radio business…. on the other hand, it gives a great opportunity for the small local stations (like LP’s) to really shine and hopefully pick up listeners….Long Live Free and Locally controlled radio!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.