I’d Crawl Over Broken Glass To Vote For Trump

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things I’d Crawl Over Broken Glass To Vote For Trump

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Radio Ruminator
    Participant

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/09/i-didnt-vote-for-trump-in-2016-but-id-crawl-over-broken-glass-to-vote-for-him-now/

Here is a partial list, of Trumps accomplishments, according to the author of this article.

“Building the strongest U.S. economy in my lifetime through historic business and personal tax cuts, resulting in millions of jobs created and record-low unemployment.

Cutting federal government regulations that had a stranglehold on American business innovators and entrepreneurs.

Confronting China’s trade abuses and negotiating fair trade deals with Canada, Mexico, South Korea, and Japan
    Eliminating the Obamacare individual mandate.

Rebuilding our military through investments in our defense capabilities as well as securing the largest military pay raise in a decade.

Nominating and confirming more solid conservative circuit court judges than any other first-term administration.

Nominating and fighting for the confirmation of two originalists, Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, to the Supreme Court and then nominating Amy Coney Barrett to fill the vacancy left by the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem and then brokering the Abraham Accords peace deal between Israel, the United Arab Emirates, and Bahrain.

Consistently fighting Democrats to build the wall to secure our southern border, reinforcing and repairing hundreds of miles, with more construction on the way.”

Chico
    Participant

Please do.

Andrew
    Participant

You know what we’d call the jobs numbers for Trump’s first three years if Obama had had them in a third term?

We’d call those job numbers a DECLINE – because more jobs were created in Obama’s last three years than in Trump’s first three. Seriously, you know Republicans would be criticizing Obama for seeing lower job numbers.

Unemployment numbers including historically low numbers for African Americans under Trump had been falling for Obama’s last six years in office and were clearly going to keep falling no matter who took office in January 2017. This is obvious to any objective person. Trump taking credit for the incredible economy he inherited in 2017 from Obama is like the rooster taking credit for the sunrise.

paulwalker
    Participant

Good luck OP. The truth is there are very few undecided at this point. And record numbers have already voted. Very few will be changing their opinion at this point, so your GOP talking points are rather worthless.

edselehr
    Participant

Not a single quality of life issue to be seen. What has Trump done to make the average American’s life better? Lots of conservative gains in ideology and politics is all I see in your list.

lastday
    Participant

Anyone still claiming to be undecided is a Trump voter. They’re just ashamed to admit it to pollsters. And that’s why I don’t trust polls.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Andy Brown
    Participant

LOL

semoochie
    Participant

He allowed tens of thousands of elderly people to die thus saving millions from Medicare!

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

From today’s electoral-vote.com :

Trump’s support is incredibly stable. It is never below 41% and never above 43.5%, a tiny band. Fundamentally, there are three groups whose support is completely unwavering, no matter how many lies he tells or how corrupt his administration is. First, there are the angry, resentful working-class white men who don’t like the demographic and economic changes the country has undergone in the past decades. In the 1950s, someone with only a high school education could get a good-paying union job at a factory, raise a family on one income, and feel respected. Those days are gone and these men have definitely noticed it. They think that coastal elites look down on them as a basket of deplorables who cling to guns or religion. There is some truth to that perception. They also think that because Trump hates the people they hate, he will do something for them. So far he hasn’t, but maybe in a second term he will.

Second we have the evangelicals. Mostly what they care is about banning abortion and gay rights, especially same-sex marriage. If put to a vote, they would probably make homosexuality a felony again, as it once was. As long as Trump consistently delivers conservative judges and justices who hold these views, he can do no wrong with them. Did Jesus spend his entire life preaching about the evils of abortion and same-sex marriage? Was that his main message? We’ll check on it and get back to you (eventually).

Third, we have a group that is entirely rational in its unwavering support for Trump: Rich businessmen. What they want is lower taxes for the rich and fewer government regulations on businesses. That tax cut was very sweet. Thank you, Mr. President. If your factory produces some noxious byproduct as a result of its manufacturing process, why shouldn’t you be able to dump it in the local river? After all, nobody but the government and the remaining spotted owls will even notice. This group is afraid that Joe Biden is weak and that Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) are going to run the show and impose crushing taxes on them and their companies. They don’t give a hoot about Roe v. Wade, since if they get their girlfriends pregnant, they can always fly to Canada to get an abortion there if need be. If a poor Black woman in Mississippi who was raped can’t get one, well, that’s her problem.

There you have it: ignorant bigots and cynical millionaires.

radiogeek
    Participant

Ruminator, if you kindly tell me where you plan to vote I’ll be happy to break the glass for you.

Ed

semoochie
    Participant

I meant to respond to the thread title yesterday. It was brought to my attention by a Breitbart video on You Tube. The interesting thing is that they thought that to be willing to “crawl over broken glass for Trump” was a GOOD thing! When I clicked on it, I expected it to highlight another “head shaking” Trump supporter moment!

Vitalogy
    Participant

Electoral-Vote is a fantastic site.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Yes, I’ve read it daily since you mentioned it a couple years ago.

lastday
    Participant

George Will’s latest column predicts a major fail for Trump and ten years of Democrat dominance.

It gives me a little hope. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.