I voted today!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

It’s a damn shame that most of the rest the country doesn’t have the ability to sit down with their Google and fill out their ballot on their own time without having to travel somewhere to wait in line.

My votes:

President: Hillary Clinton
    Senator: Ron Wyden
    US Rep: Kurt Schrader
    Governor: Kate Brown
    Sec of State: Brad Avakian
    Clackamas County Commissioners: Jim Bernard, Martha Schrader, and Ken Humbertson

Master of Disaster
    Participant

It’s a damn shame that most of the rest the country doesn’t have the ability to sit down with their Google and fill out their ballot on their own time without having to travel somewhere to wait in line.
    Touche.

The Master of Disaster would be voting tonight, but it’s a good thing he checks things thoroughly.

Like many others, the Master of Disaster changed party affiliations before the registration deadline, in order to participate in the Democratic Presidential Primary.

Tonight, he holds a blank “Nonpartisan Ballot,” despite Oregon Secretary of State records that indicate being listed on the rolls in time to receive a DP ballot.

The Master of Disaster doesn’t blame conspiracies, probably just a case of things-being-printed-ahead-of-time. Will be visiting the County Elections tomorrow. Not the first time something similar has happened, and staff there are quite nice about it.

Vitalogy
    Participant

No issues on my end with voting. As always.

But then again, I’m not trying to Jimmy the situation right before the deadline.

paulwalker
    Participant

Washington also requires a party affiliation to vote in primaries. I will likely opt out of the WA primary for this reason, as I seriously don’t know what party I will be aligned with in the general. Bad law, but I understand it.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I get closed Primaries. Oregon is pretty liberal about it.

As long as people have a reasonable option to give a party a try, I feel that is best.

Too long and it might as well be closed.

Too short, or open and there is a real risk of crazies hosing things up.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Got our ballots today! Not sure what my youngest is going to do. It’s his first vote. We will make a nice dinner and take him through all that stuff.

Mrs plans to “announce” tonight. She’s been 50/50 on Clinton Sanders.

I’ve been so busy, I have to go through the guide this time, and figure out the new people and issues before I can vote anything other than the primary, top line.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.