I mean who doesn’t love a parade?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  bookemdono 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

lastday
    Participant

Trump’s impending military parade featuring tanks rolling down city streets is an embarrassment to the country. Nobody can convince me otherwise.

Broadway
    Participant

Eisenhower and Kennedy had these military parades, lets celebrate America in a new way—enjoy!

Vitalogy
    Participant

Military parades are as obsolete/lame as Trump is.

Sorry, I’ll pass on anything having to do with Trump. Unless it’s video of him in cuffs.

edselehr
    Participant

“Eisenhower and Kennedy had these military parades…”

Both commanders on the field during war. I’m certain these parades were comrades in arms, celebrating the achievement of a fellow veteran. And both were inaugurations, which are meant to be the celebration of a person.

Trump has:

– no military record
    – no support of the military for this parade
    – is doing it on the 4th of July, a celebration of independence, not military might
    – is trying to turn Independence Day into a celebration of himself.

Broadway, if you are such a Trump sycophant that you are blind to the inappropriateness of this show of military force, then you are truly lost.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Broadway’s political insolence is organic to his distorted religious beliefs and comes as no surprise.

drumpf’s presidency has never been in more chaos than it is right now.

Tomorrow we’ll observe team drumpf trying to find camera angles that will make the D.C. celebration appear to be well attended, you know, like his inauguration. In the end, his inaugural will go down in history not for its meager attendance but because it will probably be the only time that an illegitimate candidate was elected by foreign interference in the electoral process.

drumpf’s presidency will soon be over. What won’t be coming to an end as quickly will be the momentum his core believers have developed nor the damage to the inner workings of this government he has caused.

We have a word for the kind of people that have caused all this mess, continue to perpetuate it and feel not one iota of wrongdoing. That word is Republican.

I believe that this is McConnell’s swan song.

Kentucky pols now lead the nation – in unpopularity

lastday
    Participant

The VIP seating at this particular event is sickening. If you’re a big donor, you’re important and you get to sit in a special section reserved for important people. Everyone else? Sorry, you’re not important. Fend for yourself.

Happy 4th of July.

paulwalker
    Participant

I watched this on CNN this afternoon (something that Rush said would not happen, but I digress…more fake news from Limbaugh).

I think it is symbolic that there were raindrops obstructing the view of Trump speaking behind the security partition throughout his entire scripted speech. As in this President has no clear vision.

lastday
    Participant

I didn’t watch but I hear he stuck to the script and kept it mostly non-political. And the tanks were stationary, not rolling down the streets. For that I give someone credit for having at least some good sense.

Andrew
    Participant

I don’t really understand how people can watch him speak.

lastday
    Participant

“I don’t really understand how people can watch him speak.”

That’s exactly why I didn’t watch.

bookemdono
    Participant

I guess I missed the day in history class when we learned about the US army taking control of the airports during the Revolutionary War.

Broadway
    Participant

Misstatements happen to all Presidents…

It was a great day yesterday for all Americans.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I would like to think that I am not a partisan hack. Nonetheless, I would like to pose the question, would any kind of air attack have been considered during the Revolutionary War, as the speech indicates? Note that the first successful military use of a hot air balloon was not until some years later, in 1794.

edselehr
    Participant

So Broadway’s retort is, “Look! He’s just as bad as Obama!”

El – Oh – El!!

Andy Brown
    Participant

Broadway doesn’t seem to think there’s any difference between Obama’s numbers screw up and drumpf’s Forgettysburg Address. Just another reason why the religious right is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.