I may have figured out why KBFF is reducing antenna height.

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio I may have figured out why KBFF is reducing antenna height.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

This would give KLVP an opening on the master antenna. Then again, I thought the problem was rack space.

fieldstrength
    Participant

I’ve assumed that Alpha just wanted to have their own master antenna not only for KBFF’s main, but also for auxiliary facilities for KXL and KUPL (they have Aux CPs for both at the same antenna). The new master would be lower, where there is available tower space. The new antenna would also allow KBFF to add HD.

semoochie
    Participant

In filing its 302-FM, KBFF has stated that it will share its antenna and gives the file numbers BPH-20150116AEC and BPH-20150116AED. Neither of these numbers are on file. The form also states that neither of these stations are on the air yet.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“20150116AEC and BPH-20150116AED. Neither of these numbers are on file”

Yes, they are.

20150116AEC is the KBFF Auxiliary antenna, the 302 for which was granted two days ago.

20150116AED is the KUPL Auxiliary antenna, the 302 for which was granted on Feb. 4 of this year.

When searching in FM query, two reminders:

1. Make sure there is no leading space before the the first digit

2. Truncate the ‘BXX-‘ so the leading digit is the ‘2’ in e.g. ‘2015xxxxx . . .’

semoochie
    Participant

It worked for “EE” which is the main facility but nothing for “EC” or “ED”. I’m glad you had better luck than I did, thank you Andy! It doesn’t seem very helpful to have your auxiliary on the same antenna as the main. If the whole master goes down, it’s over.

Andy Brown
    Participant

When all their “moves” are done, they will be licensed to go any which way is necessary to keep every station on the air at all times, including not only equipment failures but ongoing maintenance and tower work. The more licensed options you build in, the more redundant you are. Makes total sense to me. Without seeing a master end result plumbing diagram, it is foolish to try and second the guess the reasoning of every single move you read about in the FCC database. In other words, chill, they know what they are doing. That doesn’t include their programming.:-)

semoochie
    Participant

Thank you Andy. It was just a passing thought. I don’t lose any sleep over these things.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.