I-Heart layoffs hit PDX (and everywhere, I suppose

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio I-Heart layoffs hit PDX (and everywhere, I suppose

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chico
    Participant

From Radio_insight:

Tim ‘Romeo’ Herbster departs as SVP/Programming and PD of CHR “Z100” KKRZ and Hip Hop “Jam’n 107.5” KXJM. The host of the syndicated “Most Requested Live” came to Portland in 2016 after stints as VP/Special Programming Projects, Program Director of WIOQ Philadelphia, and Music Director of “Z100” WHTZ New York. Herbster was also VP/Programming for defunct startup Goom Radio.

Kristina Kage exits as morning host at Hip Hop “Jam’n 107.5” KXJM and afternoon host at AC “K103” KKCW. Outside of a stint at WLIT Chicago, Kage has been based in Portland for her career. She also tracked for multiple iHeart stations across the country.

Cort Webber departs as Program Director of Alternative “Alt 102.3” K272EL, Classic Rock “105.9 The Brew” KFBW and Conservative Talk 1190 KEX after a decade with the cluster. Webber joined the company in February 2010 after 15 years at CBS Radio Portland.

Glad I don’t have to make a living in the industry anymore. Feel bad for all of the folks who are still trying.

Shirley Knott
    Participant

Would it be rude to suggest that iHurt’s new FCC approved 78% foreign ownership might be behind the McDonaldization of U.S. radio?

Or should I say the continuing McDonaldization of U.S. radio.

paulwalker
    Participant

I will echo that, Chico. Fortunately I do not depend on income from radio anymore. It was fun while it lasted but the industry has become a shadow of itself and the near death has been covid. Too bad such a rich entertainment segment has been reduced to a fraction of itself. Radio will remain but will never be what it once was.

Notalent
    Participant

Same same to the north in Seattle… Not only is regional VP Robert Dove on the beach but they retired the KJR FM morning show, KJR AM midday host, two morning show producers and probably many others. I also heard they RIFFED a guy I believe to be the local GM directly under Dove.

Eventually they will run out of people making enough money to make a difference if they lay them off.

paulwalker
    Participant

I will amend my post one above…radio was already suffering before covid. Covid was just the ultimate death nell. I don’t say this lightly as radio has provided a decent income for myself for 35 plus years. But I have no expectations the medium will ever return to what it was.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I’ll be listening this afternoon to see who is on 1190 in the noon-3 PM slot. I fear that it will be yet another syndicated show. So the cookie continues to crumble. 🙁

boisebill
    Participant

“America’s Truckin’ Network” on WLW over nights has been cancelled. Previously hosted by The Truckin’ Bozo.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.