Hypocrite Mitch McConnell Whines About Democrats Blocking Trump SCOTUS Nominee

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Hypocrite Mitch McConnell Whines About Democrats Blocking Trump SCOTUS Nominee

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

Senate Majority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who blocked Obama SCOTUS nominee Merrick Garland, complained to reporters and claimed that the American people would not tolerate Democrats blocking Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.

Someone needs to remind McConjob that the American people voted overwhelmingly that they didn’t want drumpf or his nominee.

You know what they say about what comes around goes around and nothing is more deserved then the Democrats blocking the GOP’s SCOTUS nominee.

The American people would probably be fine with a president that the majority rejected getting nothing. It could be argued that Democrats will be carrying out the will of the people by blocking Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.

The louder McConnell complains, the more Democrats dig in and focus on paying back the Majority Leader for his obstruction.

Well Mitch you turtle headed loser, you conservative boobs are now going to get a huge dose of your own medicine. Hope you like it.

Hypocrite Mitch McConnell Whines About Democrats Blocking Trump SCOTUS Nominee

Andrew
    Participant

Of course McConnell is a hypocrite.

But pointing it out is a losing issue for Democrats. Most of the country isn’t even paying to the Supreme Court and doesn’t care (they should!); that’s why Republicans were able to ignore the nomination of Merrick Garland without much more than a yawn from the media and the general population.

edselehr
    Participant

When Bannon Trump chooses a nominee his Twitter feed won’t let anyone forget it. Are the Dems ready to be as relentless about pushing back in 140 characters? That’s going to be the way the politics of the next SC nominee will likely play out.

Langston
    Participant

What is sauce for the goose, etc.,etc. Time for McConnell to be sauced

Andy Brown
    Participant

It begs the question why are Republican politicians on board with this guy? Are they so morally defective or is it that they truly believe that the American public has no memory?

Andrew
    Participant

Largely “yes” to the second question.

I’d say the ultimate goal for Republican leaders (and the people funding them) is tax cuts mostly for the rich. Everything else is gravy if they achieve it.

Not hypocritical at all. It’s an entirely different situation. Democrats also would have blocked a Supreme Court nominee in the last year of a lame duck Republican presidency.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Complete hypocrisy. Obama was fucked out of his ability to put a judge on the bench.

skeptical
    Participant

The election has shown that there are far more dumb clucks like bacon than we thought. On the upside, this site is one of the few on the Internet where these dumb clucks can’t get away with posting bullshit.

Chico
    Participant

Bacon-

False equivalency. As usual. I will retract this statement if you can cite for me a specific example of the Democratic Senate not even having hearings on a legally nominated Supreme Court justice one year before an election.

I am willing to accept any example from 1900 until the prsent. I set this date as this is roughly when the current parties settled out as bastions of conservatism and progressivism.

Chico
    Participant

Like I thought. Thanks for clarifying who you are and what you stand for, Bacon.

The rest of you folks may get some enjoyment (or something, at least) out of trying to talk with Bacon. But for me life is too short to interact with trolls. And I am done. He/she doesn’t exist in my universe, any more.

I am really concerned about the future of my country. Not so much for myself, as for my child and future grandchildren. Without fail you will find over and over in the last 7000 years that countries/ cultures/ societies fail when they become reactive instead of proactive. Yes, there are often outside factors of course, but in the end you either progress or regress. And, yes, I know, we have regressed before. But we managed to correct. I hope fervently we do again, but I am worried.

It is fine to progress carefully (classical conservatism) or more quickly (progressivism.) And a case can be made for either path, or a mixture. I can respect an angry but informed conservative opinion. It’s the ill-informed that really will be the end of us, because there are now so very many of them.

This is not about Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton- those are symptoms. The disease is the ease at which non factual information (lies) are converted into the truth by people who do NOT have the interests of the vast majority of the American people at heart. Unbiased double blind research show that folks who get their news from Fox News actually have less of an idea of actual facts than someone who consumes no network news at all.

Donald Trump has made it pretty clear what he is going to do. He is going to try to regress us to the age of the robber barons, the Guilded Age. Which is exactly what his handlers and donors wanted. He is a rich guy who craves the affection and attention of other rich and powerful people. And he will get it, as long as he plays along.

Trump is not stupid. I don’t think all the people who voted for him are stupid, either. But they are both willfully ignorant, and we are all going to pay dearly for that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.