Human Pollution

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Rather than “global warming” or “climate change” how about “human pollution”?

It’s no surprise when you watch the video courtesy of NASA. The three big hot spots for pollution are the US, China, and Europe.

And when you see the global effect, this is not a local problem, it’s a global problem. If China emits enough shit it will at some point affect us West Coasters. All you need to do is watch the jet stream.

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/index.ssf/2015/12/watch_greenhouse_gases_swirl_o.html

Dxer1969
    Participant

Vit. I always liked and respected you also. Surprised your topic did not gain more traction. So, I will start in on my take. China just released another toxic alert. It looks really bad over there. Worrisome to say the least. Glad President Obama and the UN are recognizing the problem! Hope something positive happens! Vit, You are a cutting edge man! Keep us informed! Thank you!!

Amus
    Participant

I thought from the thread title this might be about the Republican “debates”.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Good one, Amus!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

An interesting point made in this video is that Europe, though often thought of as a fairly “green” place, is actually quite dirty in terms of CO2 emissions.

Some years ago, I recall a co-worker telling me how unpleasant a business trip to Asia (I can’t recall whether he went to Malaysia, Thailand, or the Philippines) had been due to the overall level of air pollution at street level. In the city where he stayed, scooters with two-stroke engines were a common means of transportation, and their smoky exhaust fumes could be smelled everywhere. I would imagine that cities in China and India are much the same way.

Dxer1969
    Participant

You are quite right, Alfredo! Thanks!

skeptical
    Participant

Thanks to the Democrats, we’re no longer the the world’s most human polluter!

Dxer1969
    Participant

2nd’ed! If not for the democrats, we would be #1 on the list for pollution in EVERY category. Another reason for all to vote democratic. We all live here. Why vote for bat shit crazy bastards who care only about themselves. Selfish SOB’s! That is how I see it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.