How many Presidents in your lifetime

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

I think I may have posted this topic before, (back in the day), but how many Presidents have you lived with?

For me:

Eisenhower (barely), Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, Trump, Biden

Total: 13

mwdxer1
    Participant

14 for me, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon,
    Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama, Trump, and now Biden. I voted for the fist time in 68, when Nixon was President. I was 19.

semoochie
    Participant

I was born seven months into Eisenhower’s Presidency, so Biden will make 13 for me. I first voted for McGovern in 1972.(He only won Massachusetts and D.C. for a grand total of 17 electoral votes! Nixon got 47,000 votes to McGovern’s 29,000.) The legal voting age had just been lowered to 18 by constitutional amendment. Not long before that, there was a popular song, “L-U-V(Let Us Vote)”.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Gore, Bush II, Obama, Putin,* Biden

Jimmy Carter is the only former president still alive who was in office before I was born.

* Not counted in stated total.

Brianl
    Participant

10 for me, I was born a couple months after the Watergate break-ins.

Carter is the first president I remember, George H.W. Bush was the first one I voted for (1992).

johnf
    Participant

My 99 and 2/3 year-old mother-in-law is moving soon from Anacortes down here to our home in Newberg to live with us. She was born back when presidential inaugurations were still held in March and not January. Since her birth was in mid-February 1921, she arrived about three weeks before Wilson handed things over to Harding. So… her count of presidents will be 19 (assuming the media’s call for Biden is eventually confirmed and challenges are dismissed). That full list is: Wilson, Harding, Coolidge, Hoover, FDRoosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, Trump and Biden.

semoochie
    Participant

Silent Cal shouldn’t have been so silent. The stock market might not have crashed!

Andrew
    Participant

I was born during one of the Garfield administrations – can’t remember which one!

semoochie
    Participant

There was only one Garfield administration and it was just six months long, interrupted by him being assassinated. It appears that you were born in 1881! You hold your age well.

Alfredo_T
    Participant
    • Augusto Pinochet
    • Ronald Reagan
    • George H. W. Bush
    • Bill Clinton
    • George W. Bush
    • Barak Obama
    • Donald Trump

Unlike you guys, I can never run for President.

Brianl
    Participant

Alfredo, how much do you remember under Pinochet?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.