How is Sinclair and Tegna (Gannett) doing in NW?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio How is Sinclair and Tegna (Gannett) doing in NW?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

I thought entering the fall season we could use a checkup on how Sinclair and Tegna (formerly Gannett) are doing in the Portland tv ratings. If anyone has the latest rankings, please share, including KOIN and KPTV.

(Disclaimer: I know many don’t care about this, so please indulge me in this, as I am a tv news geek).

Meanwhile, in Seattle, major changes are occuring right now. KOMO (Sinclair-ABC), and sister to KATU, unveiled a new high-tech set with revised graphics. And KIRO (Cox-CBS) is unveiling a new set this evening. KING (Tegna-NBC) will also build from the ground up when they move to their streetside studios near Safeco next year.
    I can’t remember so much change in the Seattle TV market so close together.

But back to Portland. Who needs an overhaul? KOIN looks pretty good right now, but I’m not sure they have gained in ratings, somebody correct me if I am wrong. The other two KGW and KATU could be next if Seattle is any indication. KPTV, not sure, but set & graphics seem to look similar to KOIN.

washnotore
    Participant

KGW will premier a new news set in February.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.