How do children rasied "Godless" stack up?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things How do children rasied "Godless" stack up?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Broadway
    Participant

…and God bless all of you to!

skeptical
    Participant

“When/where was this? Why is he not in prison for attempted murder?”

For the same reason George Zimmerman roams free.

Chico
    Participant

Not that it really has anything to do with anything, but, again and as usual, no. Just because something has footnotes does not make it factual, no matter how hard conservapedia wants to make it appear so. This is not even phony science. Follow the footnotes and you will drop into a horrible rabbit hole of opinion. No facts. None.

I wish I understood why some religious folks expend so much energy trying to prove that nonbelievers are miserable. Seriously, I do not understand what can possibly be gained by factually misrepresenting studies that actually DON’T show a correlation between belief and suicide rates.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/4291

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/5181

Seriously, please explain why some religious folks actually make a huge effort to mislead here. Are you actually worried about these lost souls? That I guess I can understand. But I can’t help but wonder if this is just another way to say “See, we’re right, and the unbelievers are killing themselves because they don’t believe.”

Mrs.Merkin
    Participant

@ Gouge: “About the only way to really get him to finally shut up, short of Dan booting him, is to ignore him.”

Nope, that has 0 effect on him, he just gets worse. And someone ultimately caves anyway. It’s his Autism/OCD/AADHD/Zealot/mental illness component. This place holds some sort of strange fascination/obsession for him. Even when and though he is confronted and universally reviled and hated (Minus HerrB and GodWay) and booted, he still tried several times to worm his way back in under different aliases and mannerisms. I rarely post here anymore because he’s such a detriment and 1-trick-moron to this place that I’ve belonged to for what? 15 years? So by even being here he wins, yet again.

jerry1949
    Spectator

@chico

My second link was to an article written by an atheist. He seems to think they have a suicide problem.

Amus
    Participant

I wish I understood why some religious folks expend so much energy trying to prove that nonbelievers are miserable. Seriously, I do not understand what can possibly be gained by factually misrepresenting studies that actually DON’T show a correlation between belief and suicide rates.

Maintaining their thin façade self delusional superiority is becoming more and more difficult.

They have to resort to making stuff up.

jerry1949
    Spectator

Self delusional superiority?

I thought that’s what this tread was all about– that atheists are an elite group and better than believers.

Amus
    Participant

Therein lies your delusion.

edselehr
    Participant

Everyone’s a believer. Just not always a believer in God.

Broadway
    Participant

>> Are you actually worried about these lost souls?
    Actually yes…10 out of 10 people will eventually die and from there where will you be? I believe with God or in eternal torment–hell…real hell…not party hell…real none stop alone eternal pain forever hell.
    Choose God…but you gotta have faith!!!
    Oh, and the reason why I believe this is because of what the Bible/God says…I could post scripture references if you request.

edselehr
    Participant

Broadway, if God didn’t exist, would you be less good and kind then you are now?

missing_kskd
    Participant

The reason why boils down to the very significant investment they have made in being a good, or right, or saved person.

That investment value is maximized when they both actualize it in their lives, which is why some of them just cant get away from making other people’s choices for them, and when they devalue others who do not believe.

Some people are secure enough to not require those things.

Insecure people Perdue one or both lest they see the value they have built up be threatened by others who do not choose what they did.

Vitalogy
    Participant

You know it’s snake oil when people ring your doorbell to spread their delusion to other weak minded people.

Note to everyone: Cold calling has about a 1-2% chance of success whether you are selling snake oil religious bullshit or Direct TV.

Kind of like the drug dealer the party trying talk everyone into doing what he’s doing to justify his shitty behavior. Comfort in numbers, right?

jerry1949
    Spectator

Broadway, if God didn’t exist, would you be less good and kind then you are now?

This question to me would be like asking if I would be less warm if the sun didn’t exist.

It’s almost impossible for a believer to go down this hypothetical road.

Are you convinced that believers would rape and pillage if they didn’t believe in their invisible man in the sky?

I don’t believe that atheists have any goodness apart from God. They have consciences that God gave them, and they can’t help but be influenced by the good believers who surround them.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Lulz

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.