How Did We Get Here?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chris_Taylor
    Participant

I realize this is but one piece of the puzzle.

skeptical
    Participant

Wow, an Autostraddle link in PDXradio.com. Those folks are in tune with reality. Thumbgs up!

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Thanks skep. Nice to get your approval.

Andy Brown
    Participant

More proof to what many have postulated and even more have thought was the case.

edselehr
    Participant

Hopeful, but also depressing. Starting with the takeover of state legislatures, leading to control of congressional districting and gerrymandering, to the election of a Tea Party congress, finally to the current narcissist-in-chief, this has been a long -game strategy for the conservative Christian right. It will take time to unwind the web they have woven, now that the left has (hopefully!) finally woken up.

They thought that W. was their man, but that didn’t work out how they had hoped (note how evangelicals were left at the doorstep once President Cheney took office). They think Pence is their man this time, and they might be right.

But they forget one thing. Just as they have been planning their evangelical revolution over the last few decades, so has America become more diverse, and more comfortable and accepting of that diversity. That value is more ingrained than the “Make America White Again” crowd realizes.

Langston
    Participant

President Bannon does not impress me as an evangelical type of guy.

“That value is more ingrained than the “Make America White Again” crowd realizes.”

Once again a liberal skillfully deals a race card from the bottom of the deck.

Some day I’m going to understand why liberals are so obsessed with skin color, but until then it perplexes me, unless I give into cynicism and ascribe it to a political ploy from which they benefit and gain power.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“Once again a liberal skillfully deals a race card from the bottom of the deck.”

Hardly an accurate comment. It’s also how you always deflect from the real issue as your incompetence to fathom the actual problems going on right now takes over. What is accurate, though, is that drumpf has dug such a big hole in one week that his staff is already scattering around the White House trying to bring him under control. They won’t be able to. He’s going down and probably a lot sooner than I thought.

So sad for you fools that believed he was legitimate.

edselehr
    Participant

Bacon: “Dog whistle? What dog whistle? I don’t hear any dog whistle.”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.