How did Prince influence you?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

What if you are wrong and the autopsy results that the cause of death was not related to recreational drug use?

skeptical
    Participant

Broadway
    Participant

Video blog on the Death of Prince by Greg Laurie.

http://blog.greglaurie.com/?p=10821

skeptical
    Participant

paulwalker
    Participant

Latest is CNN reporting opiods found on his person and in his home. However, these could have been prescribed, and we still do not have any proof he OD’d.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Prescribed opiates are the same thing as heroin. It’s a pill rather than shooting up. One is legally handed out by doctors, the other is purchased on the street. Both have the same effect on the user.

Many people, including Brett Favre have had their issues with opiate painkillers.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yup. And for many kinds of chronic pain, they are what works too.

I’m not so quick to judge people when pain is the basis for other trouble. Mrs has struggled with this after we got wiped out from her getting the wrong kind of sick, pre ACA. Fortunately, a combination of my research and her career experience with treatment and management of these things allowed us to see our way clear and keep that stuff in check.

Many are not so lucky. I will say there are options, big pharma and much of the medical community do not want to explore them. Not pot type options too.

More education, alternatives and treatment is warranted here. I’ve brought a few people off this stuff and it’s a shame I could get into trouble or ruin it for others if I were to share it too broadly. No joke. I’m reluctant to even put this here. I may remove it before the edit time.

I’ve even been asked to publish by other medical professionals who will not do it themselves. Crazy, isn’t it?

We are making good progress on pot. In general, there is so much more work to do. But, I’ll take it. Good progress can lead to more in this area. I believe that, and we just need some success on the books.

radiodork
    Spectator
    LurkingGrendel
    Participant

That article sources The Enquirer. Well done, champ.

paulwalker
    Participant

The “trash” newspapers certainly have been around forever, and they actually pay for placement at the checkout counter.

When I did a morning show in the 90’s we did a very popular feature called “The Tabloid Zone”. It was arguably the most popular feature on our show, and continually cracked us up, sometimes with no recovery.
    As I recall, The Weekly World News was the most outrageous, but we honed in on the Enquirer as well. If Jolynn is still on board here, she can relate.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

A few years ago, I was following the drama surrounding Amy Winehouse. At the time, I really hoped that she would get her act together and make some new music. However, we all know how that story turned out. Nonetheless, that experience really woke me up to how much bad, sensationalized information is out there. Celebrity “news” tabloids, such as The National Enquirer and The Sun (which I think is even worse) shouldn’t be trusted. Fan message boards shouldn’t be trusted either.

I will not trust “information” about how Prince died unless it is reported on something of the journalistic level of the following (not an exhaustive list):

• AP
    • The Oregonian
    • ABC News
    • CBS News
    • NBC News
    • CNN
    • NPR
    • CBC
    • BBC
    • USA Radio News
    paulwalker
    Participant

I think TMZ should be included. They almost always have it right, despite paying sources.

Vitalogy
    Participant

I’m as far from a conspiracy theorist that one can be. But at the same time I can see inconsistencies that bring forth such rumors.

First, how in the hell does someone like Prince not have a trust set up? At a minimum, a will? A lifelong celebrity worth 9 figures has nothing dictating what happens to his estate? That part to me is crazy (fucking reckless) if you ask me.

Second, his body was cremated really quickly in my opinion. Such a quick, private service and cremation tells me that something might have been known by his inner circle about his health and would support the narrative that something is being hidden from the public.

Lastly, people suffering from AIDS die of the flu. He had a medical emergency a week earlier and it was positioned as him having the flu. It sounds to me like he was in fragile health, AIDS or not.

And last but not least, upon hearing of Prince’s death, on a group text within friends, more than myself jokingly said he died from “too much pussy”. Maybe, just maybe that’s true? But count me in as someone who has a bit of suspicion on the circumstances. I suspect the real truth of his death is not what’s being reported.

Broadway
    Participant

The truth is in. This is a repeat of talented people going way to soon…people close to him could not control his life…sad.

Official: Prince Died Of Opioid Overdose

Alfredo_T
    Participant

An explanation being given for how Prince developed a painkiller addiction is that he damaged his hips and knees through years of performing in concert. According to the above story, his on-stage performances involved rather athletic leaps performed in high heels!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.