How Bad Do Mass Shootings Have To Get?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Amus
    Participant

edselehr
    Participant

Oh Amus, that’s back from when the GOP was actually still kind of the “Party of Lincoln”. Sounds quaint now.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

That’s back from when the GOP could be reasoned with and was able to contend with reality.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Is the news media stupid? They ask, why is this happening? The terrorist stated the reason. Because our government has been killing innocent citizens in Iraq & Syria. We all should realize this. What goes around comes around. Our country needs to leave those countries and let them rebuild. If they need money, then help them. But as long as we keep killing them, they will kill us. They do not have a war machine so they fight back the best way they can with terrorism. Is it right, of course not. There is no way for us to wipe out ISIS. The best way is to let the people rebuild their nation. Hussian was a terrible dictator but he kept stability in the ME, along with other dictators, but at least most people lived in peace.

edselehr
    Participant

A Middle East “Marshall Plan”, mwdxer1? A strategically interesting idea, but the economics of 2016 are not the same as the economics of 1946.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Well, if we do not get out of the Middle East, then we keep paying and paying with more terrorism. When will the American people rise up and say enough is enough? What is next WWWIII? Isn’t the protection of humanity more important? If the nukes start falling in time, then nothing else matters. How do we know that Iran and well as other ME countries are not secretly working on a Nuke? There must be a lot of people in the ME that would love to destroy our country as well as other European countries that back the US. How many innocent civilians need to die before all heck breaks out? But if a person looks back on human history, we always have to learn the hard way. When little children get killed in Connecticut and our government does nothing, is anything ever going to be done?

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

And speaking of Scott Lively…

I’m not proud of this, but, there was a time I knew Scott. He’d come to KPDQ radio and record stuff for Oregon Citizen’s Alliance (OCA)…I, being the production director at the station, would work with him over the course of several years.
    I also found myself playing basketball against and with him for several years.

He came across as such an angry man and the furthest thing from a Christian I had known up to that point.

It saddens me he still spreads his hate and anger to this day.

Andy Brown
    Participant

It’s now safe to say the NRA is one of the most powerful lobbying organizations of all time. And according to the latest Pew Research poll, Republicans are overwhelming in favor of that.

The survey taken July 14-20 on gun rights found that just 13 percent of Republicans think the NRA has too much influence.

And that’s actually down — significantly — from 2000, when 32 percent of Republicans (one in three!) thought the NRA had too much sway.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/14/the-nra-ification-of-the-republican-party/

paulwalker
    Participant

I have noticed that “The deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history” is now being described as “The deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history. Here is a good report on why this has suddenly changed.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/06/13/481884291/putting-deadliest-mass-shooting-in-u-s-history-into-some-historical-context

skeptical
    Participant

A recent editorial in the Washington Post says there are cracks (finally) in the NRA’s grip on American politics. Sandy Hook wasn’t the turning point because there was no “terrorist” aspect to the shooting. This time there is. One can’t support gun rights and keeping guns out of the hands of “terrorists” at the same time.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I am a Christian myself, a member of the United Methodist Church where we believe all are loved by God. The fundies in this country could be as dangerous are they are in the ME, if they had the power.I do not see a change, unless we Americans clean house and get better people in Congress. Unless that happens, the violence will continue to increase. Sometimes I feel with the total amount of violence in the World, there is little hope. It would take a miracle.

“Fundies” have all the power they need to fly planes into buildings, shoot innocent people, and strap bombs to themselves and blow themselves and others up. But they don’t do that because they are not violent and dangerous like the Islamic extremists. You are making an unfair comparison.

skeptical
    Participant

You’re an idiot F&B. You kill them off one by one by driving them off Vista bridges around the world in the name of your “God”, who must be one heck of an asshole.

I prefer Chris’ “God”, you know, the one that does the policing stuff himself — not delegate to mere mortals on Earth to carry out for him.

skeptical
    Participant

I’m neither an idiot nor a fundie. But I know fundies aren’t terrorists and I know they aren’t to blame for whatever mental illnesses that drive people to suicide. You’re scapegoating because you hate Christianity and Christian morality, and you blame them for every evil even when committed by an Islamic terrorist.

Look in the mirror. Anyone who encourages or enables a perfectly formed man or woman to mutilate himself surgically or chemically is in some way responsible for the depression and in some cases suicide that follows.

Don’t let politics trump science. Read this:
    Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;’ Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.