How Bad Do Mass Shootings Have To Get?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

Another snow blind comment from F&B. The fact is “radical Islamists” are already prevented from entering the U.S.

That is really lame bacon head. Clearly you can’t understand neither the problem or the defects in the right wing solutions handed down to you by the donald campaign.

Trump is amassing an army of Neanderthals like you and dork who only pay enough attention to politics and current events to bitch about how much they hate Obama. You’re an idiot. In fact, it’s worse than that… you’re an idiot by choice.

All of the information known to the human race is available at your fingertips, in the phone in your pocket or on whatever device you’re reading this, but you choose, free will and all, to ignore anything that doesn’t jive with your preconceived notions.

Andy Brown
    Participant

A bill rejected by the GOP 6 months ago would have stopped the Florida shooter from making a gun purchase on his own.

This piece of legislation would have prevented anyone on the terror watch list from purchasing a firearm, let alone an assault rifle capable of killing dozens in seconds. The legislation was shot down by Republicans who were more worried about their reelection through pissing off the 2nd Amendment rights conservatives than their actual physical safety.

Langston
    Participant

GOOD NEWS DEPT: Thank you Santa Monica authorities for arresting Indiana right-winger on his way to attack LA LGBT Pride. He had three assault rifles and a Five-gallon bucket of explosive chemicals. Sounds like a Trump supporter.

edselehr
    Participant

I’m flabbergasted by the relative “meh” expressed about today’s shooting on this board, particularly by the righties.

I guess the occasional mass shooting is simply the price that Americans have to pay to make sure gun owners have completely unfettered access to any and all guns.

Wild West, cowboy mentality.

Broadway
    Participant

Ban the sale of all Pressure Cookers!!! If a terrorist does not have a gun he’ll find a way…we know that one all ready. We now as a society need to be extremely proactive if we’re in these soft target situations…extra/special security hired in these situations and report any flagging signs? Praying for Orlando…for healing.

radiodork
    Spectator

I’ll say it once and I won’t say it again. Stay the hell away from my pressure cooker. I’m not giving up my rights to bake a mean Potroast. That being said, I agree with Broadway, if terrorists want to get ahold of weapons whether it’s guns, pipe bombs and even pressure cookers they will. States with the strictest gun laws have some of the worst crime ever( gun deaths) so I don’t see a correlation with stricter gun laws equaling fewer gun deaths. I think the real question is, are we going to be able to protect ourselves when a crazy terrorist shows up.

Andy Brown
    Participant

No, bozo, not less gun violence (although there would be less of that if the laws were Federal instead of varying from state to state), less mass killings by gunfire. The Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 showed there would be less mass killings by AW’s but it also showed the real problem was LCM’s (Large Capacity Magazines). They need to be banned in combination with the reinstatement of the AWB.

It’s hard to believe you are unable to read what others post and just keep dishing out the same old crap. Come up to speed, dude.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/16549416-was-the-last-assault-weapons-ban-effective?lite

duxrule
    Participant

“States with the strictest gun laws have some of the worst crime ever( gun deaths) so I don’t see a correlation with stricter gun laws equaling fewer gun deaths.”

Because the NRA keeps blocking any substantive research into these topics. Look it up.

edselehr
    Participant

The right always reframes the gun debate as an all/nothing argument – “Gun control cannot end mass shootings, so we shouldn’t have ANY gun control.”

Guess what? Seat belts don’t eliminate car crash deaths. Infant car seats haven’t ended infant car deaths. Minimum wage laws won’t end poverty. Free community college won’t end right wing stupidity. But, all of these things are and will be *reduced*!

Let’s argue the REDUCTION of mass shootings, okay? Or are Dork and Broadway incapable of doing that in their black-and-white worlds?

duxrule
    Participant

And before we get on board the Donald’s human centipede regarding “Islamists,” rmember that this kid was an American Citizen, and was known to the FBI and local law enforcement. The GOP recently blocked a bill that might have prevented this kid from getting the weapons and ammo that he LEGALLY purchased, possessed and used.

duxrule
    Participant

Then you have fine “Christians” like this guy:

Christian pastor says Orlando club massacre is ‘good news’: ‘50 Less Pedophiles in This World’

“…Anderson says he does not condone people walking into a ‘so-called’ gay bar and killing people, but only because he believes the government should be executing gay people.

‘Obviously, it’s not right for somebody to just, you know, shoot up the place, because that’s not going through the proper channels. But these people all should have been killed, anyway, but they should have been killed through the proper channels, as in they should have been executed by a righteous government that would have tried them, convicted them, and saw them executed.’”

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/christian-pastor-says-orlando-lgbti-club-massacre-good-news-50-less-pedophiles-world/#gs.1IoKQPA

edselehr
    Participant

Eric Rudolph, James Kopp, Paul Jennings Hill, Scott Roeder, Michael F. Griffin and Peter James Knight were all extremist anti-abortion terrorists that murdered or attempted to murder people who provided legal abortion services for women.

Using Bacon’s logic from an earlier post, we need to also screen Christians who are anti-abortion from entering the country.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

You really do have to be a special kind of ideologically blind clod to refuse to acknowledge the obvious. There are too many, very dangerous, weapons readily available in this country. I (and of course many, many others) have been in favor of banning military style weaponry for sale to the general public for years.

It’s just one mass shooting after another after another. Weapons like the AR-15 have been utilized in virtually all of them.

While you can never truly hope to stop the committed from acting, you can (at the very least) make it more difficult for them. That’s something. It’s not even a particularly radical something.

I don’t want your hand gun. I don’t want your hunting rifle. I’m not interested in restricting the lawful use of certain types of weapons. However, I would actively ban all of the military style weaponry, yesterday. In my opinion there’s no legitimate need for such things in the hands of private individuals.

For me personally, this has transcending politics and party. I’m not the least bit interested in hearing the exact same litany of excuses and rationalizations from the exact same people time and time again. If you disagree with me, fine. You do that. There’s nothing you could possibly say to me that would change my mind. I find your completely inflexibly, unreasonableness, obstinacy, and unwillingness to compromise every bit as problematic as the ready availability of these kinds of weapons. In fact, the two problems are interrelated.

As far as I’m concerned you have blood on your hands. Feel free to pray on THAT.

radiodork
    Spectator

A lot of these weapons that terrorists are using like pipe bombs you can make yourself, and it’s not hard to find supplies to make them. Look at the San bernardino killer, his apartment was full of homemade pipe bombs.
    Still trying to figure out the whole pressure cooker thing (:scratching my head:)

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Fuck off, retard

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.