Hillary -praising KKK member ROBERT BYRD

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Hillary -praising KKK member ROBERT BYRD

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    radiodork
    Spectator
    radiodork
    Spectator

This is way more disturbing than A KKK member who wants to endorse Trump.

Amus
    Participant

This if fucking hilarious!

You only know what you hear about Byrd from the bubble don’t you?

From Wikipedia;
    In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he “was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision — a jejune and immature outlook — seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions.” Byrd also said, in 2005, “I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times … and I don’t mind apologizing over and over again. I can’t erase what happened.”

Amus
    Participant

Let’s turn this around.

Why are Republicans so upset that Hillary praised a person that denounced his racist past?

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

I see a couple of different options here re: the posting.

1. You’re a credulous moron; incapable of critical reasoning or context. I.e. Stupid of truly galactic proportions. Or,
    2. You fully understand the differences between a Democratic candidate praising an individual, who once held detestable racial viewpoints, for having *abandoned* such opinions. As opposed to a Republican candidate whom actively solicits for and attracts racist individuals and hate based organizations and lacks the basic human decency to refute such associations. Because, of course, he actively espouses the exact same viewpoints and welcomes said support. Racist, bigoted, doggerel flies out of The Donald’s pie-hole on a regular basis. It’s a feature, not a bug. To wit, not all Republicans are racist but all racist are Republicans. Period.

The only thing “way disturbing” about any of this is that you’re out there in the real world driving around, making decisions, and free to turn in a voting ballot in spite of your willful ignorance. In a string of truly stupid postings, you’ve managed to establish a new benchmark.

As so many of Trump’s supporters seem to love the idea authoritarianism, maybe they’d enjoy a Lurking Grendel regime. I’d require passing both an IQ test and a civics exam before allowing anyone to vote. (Or breed, for that matter.) How’s that sound?

Dork: noun (informal) A dull, slow witted, or socially inept person.

As I approve of truth in labeling, I salute you for that if nothing else.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

When I was taking US government in high school, it was a “scandal” that we had a Presidential candidate who had tried marijuana (but claimed that he did not inhale). The teacher explained that partisan politics are ruthless, particularly around election season. Issues to which most prospective voters would respond, “who cares?”–such as a young Bill Clinton trying marijuana–are elevated to crisis proportions. Skeletons are pulled out of the closet. Video and audio clips that make political figures sound incoherent, incompetent, or fanatical are used on a regular basis.

What I find disturbing is that I believe that the Trump campaign is putting a mirror in front of a large part of the American electorate. Trump says what he and his campaign staff think will energize voters. So far, the strategy has been very effective, regardless of whether he thinks that his message is balderdash or not.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Yes! Byrd denounced his past! Everybody makes mistakes. Especially when they are very young. So why bring this up. 40 years ago, dude. Thought you were better than that!

Amus
    Participant

I didn’t.

Not sure why you would at this point.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.