Hillary Clinton’s Popular Vote Lead Increases to Almost 1.7 Million

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Hillary Clinton’s Popular Vote Lead Increases to Almost 1.7 Million

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/20/hillary_clinton_s_popular_vote_lead_increases_to_almost_1_7_million.html

Well, Trump was right on one thing: The election was rigged. But rigged in his favor.

It’s ridiculous someone could win the popular vote by such a margin but yet sill lose the election.

Just imagine if it were the other way around…

Trump campaigned in the states he needed to win. He flipped three long-time blue states to red. He couldn’t have flipped California, but he could have had rally after rally in Los Angeles and San Francisco and could have flipped many individual voters, but why waste resources?

Who is to say he couldn’t have won the popular vote if that had been his goal?

Also, we don’t know yet how many non-citizens illegally voted.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Nice try, bacon, but the facts are clear on this one.

“Who is to say he couldn’t have won the popular vote if that had been his goal?”

The fund raising on the drumpf side was about half of what Clinton raised. Had the rules been different (i.e. popular vote wins) drumpf would not have had enough money to campaign nationwide without spending a lot of his own money. He was at odds with the RNC and that limited their support for him. So, there are many facts to base the statement that he would not have won. Sure, it’s not a certainty but it can not be dismissed as easily as you would like to think. But then again, thinking isn’t your strong suit, at least not thinking credibly.

“Also, we don’t know yet how many non-citizens illegally voted.”

You can bang that drum all you want, ace, but it’s a very small number, historically.

This election cycle has been less about drumpf winning and more about Clinton losing and the sooner you get that through your neanderthal skull, the closer to reality your lackluster analyses will be.

Remember this you bozo, as the drumpf four years unfold, a lot of the hardcore right wing pipe dream is going to fail to materialize. You’d best prepare for defending all the outrageous conclusions you have come to in the last few weeks. It’s making you look even more stupid then your support for drumpf made you look in the run up. drumpf is already backing away from a lot of his campaign rhetoric and that will continue as he is schooled by more cool headed Republicans about what can actually be achieved in four or even eight years. Also, if drumpf plunges the U.S. into recession (very likely given all the history about recession frequency and likelihood under GOP power), folks will dump drumpf in four years like a hot potato.

So come down to earth big boy. Your current elation can only give way to disappointment and near everyone here is going to rub your big red proboscis into the mud as that happens.

paulwalker
    Participant

And it continues to grow.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/clintons-lead-passes-the-2-million-mark/ar-AAkFWLk?li=BBnb7Kz

Meanwhile, some Clinton supporters are floating a theory that electronic machines in some key midwestern states were either grossly undercounted for her, or hacked. Will be interesting to see how Hillary reacts to this, if she will at all. If she does, she is running out of time.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jill-stein-prepares-to-request-election-recounts-in-battleground-states/ar-AAkG049?li=BBnb7Kz

Vitalogy
    Participant

If Trump had won the popular vote by 2 million yet lost the EV, what would he be doing right now?

paulwalker
    Participant

The recount story continues to explode. Don’t know if anything will come of it, but there is some definite push here. If Clinton does not respond in the next 24 hours it is done.

Meanwhile, the popular vote is now the biggest in history when the losing candidate did not win. Of course, we do need to factor in a higher population, but still…

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/presidents-winning-without-popular-vote/

“The fund raising on the drumpf side was about half of what Clinton raised. Had the rules been different (i.e. popular vote wins) drumpf would not have had enough money to campaign nationwide without spending a lot of his own money. He was at odds with the RNC and that limited their support for him. So, there are many facts to base the statement that he would not have won. Sure, it’s not a certainty but it can not be dismissed as easily as you would like to think. But then again, thinking isn’t your strong suit, at least not thinking credibly.”

My thinking led me to conclude three months before the election that Trump would win 305 electoral votes.

How well did your “credible thinking” serve you in your predictions about the presidential and senate races?

I can’t say for sure Trump would have won the popular vote if the popular vote had been the goal, but I believe he would have made a good run at it and it would have been a lot closer than it is now. I think there is better than a 50% chance he could have won it. There’s no reason I should defer to your speculations about anything that could have happened or could happen since you have been so spectacularly wrong about Trump and the election. I think I’ll continue to trust my own common sense and my own thinking and not that of those who profess to be the smartest men in the room. I don’t like to eat crow.

Vitalogy
    Participant

How would Trump react if it was the other way around?

Andy Brown
    Participant

Hey bacon, as I said in another thread one correct guess doesn’t make you either smart or sharp. In fact, if you ever get two guesses correct, you still will be nothing more than lucky. Tell us again why is it you’ve been thrown out of this on line community 6 times.

radiodork
    Spectator

Im more curious about the Criminal FBI investigation on Hillary Clinton. Apparently Wikileaks have released more damaging information about Hillary Clinton and her absolute incompetence in handling classified information.

edselehr
    Participant

Curious Dork, I understand how confusing it might get inside your alt-right bubble, but you have chosen to put and keep yourself there, so I have no sympathy for you. I know you’ll find comforting confirmation of what you want to hear, because you always do.

edselehr
    Participant

FLASH: Clinton popular vote advantage over Trump exceed 2 million and keeps growing.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/clinton-lead-popular-vote-2016-231790

Sorry Trump – no mandate for you!

paulwalker
    Participant

edselehr, yes as I noted earlier in this thread. But I thank you for keeping this current.

However, there isn’t much that can be done about this general vote lead. Clinton does not appear to be willing to challenge as of 5:25pm 11/25.

edselehr
    Participant

Sorry paulwalker, didn’t see your update. But it’s worth pointing out repeatedly 🙂

Jill Stein’s challenge to the vote totals in WI, MI, and PA will do. Not terribly optimistic that the EC win will be flipped, but one or two of the states might swing to Clinton.

skeptical
    Participant

While obviously I’d like to see the electoral votes flip to dodge a Trump presidency, I’d especially like to see happen just to observe the reaction of the deplorables, and also those that recently jumped on his bandwagon. Heh.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.