Hillary classy at Inaugural

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Hillary attended, and provided a classy, non-intrusive appearance. To Trump’s credit, he did take notice of her at the congressional lunch after the swearing in, but perhaps should have done that in his speech, IMO, instead of his negative, angry speech.

Can you be specific about what was “negative and angry”?

I honestly did not hear that.

paulwalker
    Participant

I already did in the thread just below “Inaugural Panned”. But in case you missed it, here is the link.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-inauguration-speech-analysis-20170120-story.html

Langston
    Participant

Trump did acknowledge Hillary, but it is hard to ignore someone with 3 million more votes than you have.

That’s what the LA Times says. I didn’t hear anything angry or negative. The only people who might have felt that would be those threatened by a loss of power, money, and relevance.

Kudos to Hillary for showing up, but none to the loser House members who played politics and stayed home.

paulwalker
    Participant

touche’ Langston.

But Trump won this one fair and square. The question becomes how he performs his duty. Will his populist, nationalistic views work? Does his dark view of our world be a “starter” for the country? Is he too isolationist in today’s world economy? All questions that will be answered quickly.

We should see some answers before the 2018 mid-terms. Another interesting chapter in US politics.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

His “populism” is utterly fraudulent.

His team is a collection of far right, millionaires and billionaires who epitomize the very things he was claiming to run against, while their agenda is the same of every Republican administration of the last thirty years.

Slash social programs. Slash taxes on the rich. Spend huge amounts of money on national security and run up huge deficits.

While simultaneously, of course, shamelessly lying about it and claiming to be on the side of the common, working, man.

Talk about God, try to restrict abortion a bit here n’ there, yell about liberals and the media, use fear and anger as a political tool, etc. and hope your supporters never realize the very people they voted for have 0.0% care for or plans to address any of the very real problems they face. After all, when it all goes south, they’ll just blame the political opposition anyway.

Seen it.

I know how it’s all going to turn out, too.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“But Trump won this one fair and square.”

No, Paul, he did not. He won, yes, but if you were to remove the wiki leaks component, the FBI Comey announcement in the week before the election, the Putin component and whatever else I missed, then and only then would it have been “fair.”

The same goes for the many Republicans that were elected and re-elected because of the result of extensive gerrymandering by the GOP.

The pollsters always ask “Is the country going in the right direction?” when they should be asking Is the government going in the right direction?

paulwalker
    Participant

I’m going to stick with my original “fair and square”. There is zero proof the circumstances you cite caused Hillary to lose. There is also no proof that Hillary lost because she thought she had it in the bag either, and virtually ignored some some key midwestern states. All of the above are simply theories.

But hey Andy, I’m on YOUR side. As my posts have been clearly anti-Trump from the day he started his campaign to today.

Andy Brown
    Participant

No proof yet, Paul, but we do not yet know about the extent of or the effect from Putin’s involvement. Also, whether Comey’s second announcement antics changed voter’s minds will never be something that can be proven, but the favorability polls for Hillary tracked downwards both times he made announcements concerning her email server. Things like that DO have an effect, it’s just hard to measure and therefore not easy to prove. You can’t go back to the moment and take new polls asking if it affected voter’s choices.

No, Paul, not fair and not square. Not fair to the country and not square with political precedent. Fair and square victories do not look like drumpf’s victory. Sorry. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

Not to even mention the tone and demeanor of his primary victories or his general election campaign. The guy is a sleaze bag that is loved by the dolts and morons of the country and is tolerated by the Republicans until such time as he tells them no. It may end up being a race as to whether Putin releases both of the video tapes before, during or after his falling out with the GOP which is sure to happen in the first year of this administration. If Putin doesn’t get what he wants from drumpf, all hell may break loose.

Meanwhile, the bacons of the world are so deep in denial about any of this it will be on the order of a grand mal seizure when they are hit in the face with his quitting or impeachment. It’s not really a matter of if, it’s just a matter of when.

Andrew
    Participant

We have to go with what we know now. There’s no proof Russian hacking flipped any vote counts in any state – only that Russian propaganda and WikiLeaks releases played a role.

James Comey’s manipulation near the last minute might undermine the “fair and square” claim – might. It’s not clear to me the guy intended to manipulate the election as he did to throw it to Trump. But, there may have been an organized effort within the FBI to force his hand to do so (either he notifies Congress of new emails…or anti-Clinton members of the FBI leak them). Comey has generally been a straight shooter and has kept out of politics, but his actions were one of a list of things that could have flipped a very close election to Trump. COULD have.

paulwalker
    Participant

I feel like I am preaching to the choir here. Arguments with people I agree with. Could this be part of the democratic problem? Seriously…Trump won. I don’t like it, in fact I hate it. But he won. Now what do we do?

Vitalogy
    Participant

I don’t see it as fair and square. It was Hillary vs Trump, FBI, WikiLeaks, Putin, and those fucking Bernie Bros idiots. Not a fair fight.

paulwalker
    Participant

Where is Missing in this discussion? I guess missing.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Missing is licking his wounds because he was a Bernie Bros and contributed to getting Trump elected.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.