High School Students + FOX = hilarious, lucid win!

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things High School Students + FOX = hilarious, lucid win!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    missing_kskd
    Participant

This is a pretty great overview of how FOX isn’t doing journalism, and instead just producing propaganda framed as political advocacy intended to benefit it’s viewers.

NoParty
    Participant

I have a feeling they won’t be able to snowball the young generation like they have some of the 55+. Anyone who LOVED Uncle Ronnie is a FAUXite.

jerry1949
    Spectator

Do you think these students went after fox on their own or were influenced by their liberal Democrat teachers? Fox could never compete with with the liberal indoctrination public school students receive at the hands of the liberal union teacher monopoly.

We might also question the “journalism” of the liberal media as well, but we’ll have to leave that to home schoolers and private schoolers.

big89
    Participant

I think these students are a lot smarter than most Fox viewers. The reason they went after Fox is because fox insulted them with lies about their community and their state. What a great project for students to pursue. This is truly educating students in questioning what they hear and verifying the facts. They did a great job showing how young people can do research and come to un-biased conclusions. Congratulations on Vermont’s educational system for getting it right!

missing_kskd
    Participant

My thoughts too.

F&B, damn right. Reality tends to have a liberal bias at present.

But, you focus on the wrong thing. Their video was centered on poor ethics.

They fact checked and noted manipulations.

Those are not partisan.

Fox continues to offer low clarity programming intended to support conservative policy that is not fact based nor data driven.

These kids would have little to say about the Maddow program.

She does not do that, and adheres to ethics in journalism, frequently offering corrections, despite being the same opinion program O’Reilly does.

Notable isn’t it?

When the GOP starts offering up fact based, data driven policy, we can start to evaluate these thing in more favorable ways.

Notice the GOP itself holds the clear records in crime, sex issues, abuse, racism, theocracy, and ethics violations while in office by a very notable and considerable margin.

That is why I write stupid party all the time.

If we hold to current conservative standards of education, we produce stupid kids.

Also note which party is always attempting to undermine public education and promote charter and religious schools…

They need more stupid to counter clear facts and data.

Brianl
    Participant

It sounds like F&B is lining up all the books to burn. God forbid if we give our youth the tools to think and decide for themselves.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

It sounds like F&B is lining up all the books to burn.

How do you guys know he is really ‘F&B’?

Also, I haven’t seen Andrew or Skybill here since the change, is that in fact true.

Brianl
    Participant

I saw Andrew a couple weeks ago, Pete. He said he is on a break, super busy with stuff, etc.

I’ve also seen and talked to Bill. He left some months back, and doesn’t plan on returning.

Both are doing well.

And Jerry1949 has said himself that he is indeed F&B.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

IIRC, Skybill hit 2,000 posts on the last version of the site and announced he was leaving. Various others have come and gone over the years; same can be said for every website that’s ever existed.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

I saw Andrew a couple weeks ago, Pete. He said he is on a break, super busy with stuff, etc.

Thanks for the information Brian, much appreciated.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.