Here, there and everywhere

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

It’s especially bad in Portland because there are so many LPFM’s spread out around the metro area, but it is safe to assume it’s going on everywhere. Group owners are using their financial resources to tromp all over existing LPFM signals by proposing AM Revitalization translators employing directional antennae and shoehorning them into narrow spaces between LPFM’s and in some cases existing translators.

If you thought the dial was getting jammed up before, it’s only going to get worse. LPFMs have little to no financial resources. Bustos and Salem Media have huge financial resources and will just keep doing this until they get something which in most cases will be coverage over a small snippet of Portland for some down valley AM that can’t compete in the Portland market/metro regardless. Ultimately it will do more harm than good.

After 45 years in and around the broadcast industry, there are few items that really piss me off anymore, but this does. It’s bullying.

KXRU-ED
    Participant

Wrote a long post. Deleted it. For good.

Andy Brown
    Participant

I do that all the time. But it probably felt good writing it.

A Rabbi, a Hindu, and a lawyer are in a car. They run out of gas, and are forced to stop at a farmers house. The farmer says that there are only 2 extra beds, and one person will have to sleep in the barn. The Hindu says, “I’m humble, I will sleep in the barn,” so he goes out to the barn. In a few minutes, the farmer hears a knock on the door. It’s the Hindu and he says, “There is a cow in the barn. It’s against my beliefs to sleep with a cow.” So the Rabbi says, “I’m humble, I will sleep in the barn.” A few minutes later, the farmer hears another knock on the door and its’ the Rabbi. He says that it is against his beliefs to sleep where there is a pig and there is a pig in the barn. So the lawyer is forced to sleep in the barn.

A few minutes later, there is a knock on the door. It’s the pig and the cow.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.