Herb: “It’s about to get real”

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Brown 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Brianl
    Participant

Yessir, yes it is.

Michael Cohen is going to be testifying before Congress on Feb. 7th.

He has already implicated Trump in campaign finance violations with hush-money payments to cover up past affairs. And you know darn well he has the goods on everything else. He was Trump’s fixer for years.

Shit IS about to get real, my friend. Nothing good can come of this for Trump.

Andrew
    Participant

I think the Cohen hearings will be entertaining. And they will continue to remind Americans how sh*tty a person and a president Trump is and keep his popularity ratings low.

Otherwise, I doubt it will change anything in the Republican senate regarding a potential impeachment trial – and until that happens, Trump’s presidency is not in much danger. Republicans Senators are playing pure politics and have already demonstrated they put party loyalty before conscience. Otherwise, they would have voted to re-open the government a week or two ago over Trump’s veto.

Brianl
    Participant

I think the Senate has enough votes possibly to override a Trump veto, it’s McConnell who refuses to put it to a vote.

Andrew
    Participant

It’s not that there aren’t 20 Republican senators who want to vote to re-open the government and defy Trump. It’s that they won’t defy Mitch McConnell.

semoochie
    Participant

They can’t defy Mitch McConnell, if he won’t put it to a vote!

Vitalogy
    Participant

Trump’s team had over 100 contacts with Russian-linked officials, according to think tank analysis.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/09/donald-trump-team-contact-russian-officials/2530829002/

Why so much Russian contacts? I wonder, by comparison, how many Russian contacts the Clinton team had during the same time?

Andrew
    Participant

“They can’t defy Mitch McConnell, if he won’t put it to a vote!”

They could kick Mitch out as leader if they really wanted to – but of course, they would be terrified to do that just to re-open the government. And they don’t have to be responsible for the results if they just leave MItch in place.

edselehr
    Participant

I wish I had the skills to superimpose Trump’s face over Mona-Lisa Saperstein’s in this clip from “Parks and Recreation”:

edselehr
    Participant

BTW, Herb is hiding in his QAnon hole, experiencing a crisis of faith and reevaluating his existence. Might take awhile.

Andy Brown
    Participant

drumpf’s diversionary tactics with The Wall are coming to an end. It’s been a success for him, sweeping the other news topics off of the front page for three weeks. But now, other troubles, such as the Robert Mueller investigation, the testimony of Michael Cohen, and the difficulty he was having finding people to accept senior jobs in his Administration are coming back to the front burner.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/as-the-shutdown-drags-on-the-trump-russia-story-is-back-at-center-stage

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.