He seemed like such a nice man

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Personally, I’m generally more concerned about the (very real) threat of domestic terrorism than the (over inflated, hysterical) threat of Islamic terrorism. Here’s a fine and upstanding citizen, who commands a militia organization and attempted to bomb a BLM facility.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4040455-155/charges-utah-head-of-citizen-militia

If you read the formal complaint, he was clear that he wanted to blow up some building rather than kill anyone. Though, if things “escalated” they were prepared to do that as well.

That’s nice.Gee, I wonder who he would have voted for this year?

You have “Christian” loons who on occasion shoot doctors and blow up abortion clinics. You have “Islamic” loons who generally want to kill as many people as possible, period. Then you have the far right, (and all white) militia movement who view huge swaths of people as an embedded enemy and labor under a mountain of delusions about “the government”.

There’s a grotesque strain of religious lunacy among all three groups.

They’re all heavily armed.

Swell.

“That’s nice.Gee, I wonder who he would have voted for this year?”

Who would Manteen, the registered Democrat have voted for this year?

Apparently this man was taking care to bomb EMPTY buildings. Islamic terrorists want the buildings to be full of people. I don’t see how you can equate the two.

They wiped out 3,000 in one day in the US and will do it again if they can.

Domestic terrorism is bad, but it’s a drop in the bucket compared to Islamic terrorism, and I feel safer with a loon who wants to blow up a building vs a loon who wants to blow ME up.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Whatever, slick.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“Domestic terrorism is bad, but it’s a drop in the bucket compared to Islamic terrorism”

Gawd, you are an idiot F&Bacon. You really need to stop making such preposterous claims that even a minimum of research can show you to be ignorant.

Fact: You are 7 times more likely to be killed by right wing extremists than by a Muslim terrorist.

Despite public anxiety about extremists inspired by Al Qaeda and the Islamic State, the number of violent plots by such individuals has remained very low. Since 9/11, an average of nine American Muslims per year have been involved in an average of six terrorism-related plots against targets in the United States. Most were disrupted, but the 20 plots that were carried out accounted for 50 fatalities over the past 13 and a half years.

In contrast, right-wing extremists averaged 337 attacks per year in the decade after 9/11, causing a total of 254 fatalities, according to a study by Arie Perliger, a professor at the United States Military Academy’s Combating Terrorism Center. The toll has increased since the study was released in 2012.

Other data sets, using different definitions of political violence, tell comparable stories. The Global Terrorism Database maintained by the Start Center at the University of Maryland includes 65 attacks in the United States associated with right-wing ideologies and 24 by Muslim extremists since 9/11. The International Security Program at the New America Foundation identifies 39 fatalities from “non-jihadist” homegrown extremists and 26 fatalities from “jihadist” extremists.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/opinion/the-other-terror-threat.html

Vitalogy
    Participant

The shooter preferred Bernie from what I heard on the internets.

Vitalogy
    Participant

And one other thing. It’s not even the domestic terrorists we need to worry about, rather it’s the law abiding gun owner who has a bad day and flips over to former law abiding gun owner.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.