HD – What's happening here?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Borderblaster 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

W7PAT
    Participant

I’ve noticed that KWJJ HD-2 and 3 are off, KINK 101.9 HD appears to be completely off as 102.9 is now simulcasting 96.3, at least for now. So does anybody know what is happening with those HD channels?

lastday
    Participant

It might be a seasonal thing or an issue with my antenna but I haven’t been able to get a trace of HD from either KLTH or KXJM here in Eugene for many weeks. KLTH is usually easy for me to to get in HD.

jr_tech
    Participant

WAG… many stations at the Sylvan site are on temporary antennas/back-up transmitters during installation of the new TV master antenna.
    KQAC,KMHD,KBVM appear to be at lower power,as well.

semoochie
    Participant

See today’s entry in “Way purchases We” thread.

W7PAT
    Participant

I send the Program Director for Entercom Portland and asked about the HD signals on 99.5. He is hoping that HD will be back soon. Apparently, there was a nationwide malware attack that required that they take all digital systems offline.

lastday
    Participant

I noted under the Towers thread that I’m getting lots of HD again in Eugene.

jr_tech
    Participant

KOIN TV is saying that they will switch to the new antenna Tues. at 9AM, So it appears that the Sylvan tower work is essentially done… Noticed that KINK HD is back on after long absence. NCE stations are still weaker, but I think that is related to a combiner problem.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

KATU says they will switch over on repack day, 10/18, requiring a rescan.

fieldstrength
    Participant

The Sylvan FMs switched back to their main antenna on Thursday (10/3) afternoon. The main FM antenna had been offline since July 22nd.

Borderblaster
    Participant

Hey Junior,
    So how’s that 98.1 classic KING “dx” workin’ out for ya!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.