Hawks on the verge of back to back titles

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Hawks on the verge of back to back titles

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

If the Seahwaks can beat St. Louis tomorrow at Century Link, they will again gain home field advantage and a first round bye. New England the likely opponet.

Will the Hawks repeat? And if they do, will this be the greatest moment in Seattle sports history? I think so. (After a really bad drought the past 25 years.)

Brianl
    Participant

If the Seahawks take care of business and the road to Glendale goes through the Clink, I feel MUCH better about our chances.

The two biggest threats, IMO, are Green Bay and Dallas. Green Bay is the more complete team, very balanced offensively and with a great pass rush, but they are awful at stopping the run, something Seattle does better than any other team in football, some 30 yards per game better than #2. Defensively, Dallas is bad, and if the Seahawks can contain DeMarco Murray and make Romo win it with his arm, that plays into our favor.

Go Hawks, and Go Oklahoma State in the Cactus Bowl!

Master of Disaster
    Participant

IMHO, the Seahawks winning the 2014 Super Bowl is already the biggest moment in Pacific Northwest/Seattle sports history. And the Master of Disaster doesn’t watch the NFL unless the Seahawks or Chargers are in the Super Bowl.

paulwalker
    Participant

The Paul Walker watches every game the Seahawks play, based on availability determined by local affiliates. Oh, that was rough several years ago, but not this year.

An ugly win is still a win. (sorry, I did not invent that phrase)…

However, the road now is clear and we could see the first repeat Super Bowl champions in the past 20 years. Yes, a big moment for the Pacific Northwest, but I also understand some Portlanders still hate the Hawks. Perhaps a look in the mirror is prescribed. The Hawks are you, and you are the Hawks. I would like to hear why you still hate the Seahawks. Bueller? Bueller? 🙂

duxrule
    Participant

I hate the HeeHawks because THEY SUCK. The so-called “Legion of Boom” has been exposed, and everyone knows now that if you keep Wilson in the pocket, the Hawks have nothing. Personally, I can’t wait for the NFC Title/Week One rematch between GB and SEA. It should be epic, with the Packers leaving the smoldering remains of “the clink” in their wake.

paulwalker
    Participant

Haha, even though you live in WA state.

Though, on a technical scale, the Rams did do a good job of shutting Wilson and Marshawn down. However, I think that ends there. And the final score will shut down any “Heehawks Suck” comment. But you never answered my question, why do you really hate the Hawks? Come on, give me an honest answer. (I already think I know it, but don’t want to publish it)…

duxrule
    Participant

I am a 4th-generation Oregonian. My father claims that he tried out for the Packers at an open event that they had in Salem back in the late 40’s, and was always a Packers fan. I started watching football in the mid-60’s, and was immediately a Packer fan. IMHO, the 23-12 win over the Browns in the ’65 NFL Championship was the greatest football game I have ever seen. I have been to Lambeau Field for games at least a half-dozen times, though I have yet to see the latest modifications. I am a shareholder. Even though I have lived in the Pacific NW my entire life, there is NO fucking way I will EVER be a fucking HeeHawk fan, just as there are thousands who were 49’er fans long before they hated the HeeHawks. I hate the HeeHawks because I am a Packer fan, and that fucking excuse of a cow collection facility that you have next to Puget Sound is a shithole.

paulwalker
    Participant

Yes, that is close to what I thought.

However, I do not understand your comment:

I am a Packer fan, and that fucking excuse of a cow collection facility that you have next to Puget Sound is a shithole.

I would be open to the definition of what that statement means. I’m trying to keep this light, but…

duxrule
    Participant

It’s actually pretty easy. Lambeau Field>The Clink. Today, tomorrow and on into eternity.

paulwalker
    Participant

OK. Yes, I inspired comments such as yours. That is on me.

Time for me to bow out of this argument as your emotions are obviously driving this. Best of luck with that, and best of luck to you and your beloved Packers. I hope it all works out for you.

This was written as a good natured rib, but I obviosuly hit the wrong rib.

duxrule
    Participant

Hey now, Paul…Just a little spirited trash-talking. I meant no offense and I hope none was taken. If things go to form, we’ll see GB-Seattle in the NFC Championship game, and that could be a history-maker.

Here’s a great Lambeau story that I was actually part of. We were walking toward the stadium for a December game against the Bears, a Chamber of Commerce day down into the teens, with the sky spitting snow. As we walked along a row of RV’s, the wind gusted, and flipped up a money pouch that a guy in front of us was carrying (T-shirt vendor or something). The air was suddenly filled with cash, bills flying all over the place. Without a word said, people stopped in their tracks, set up a “picket line,” and then started gathering money. EVERY SINGLE BILL was collected and handed back to the stunned man. His final words as everyone started moving to the stadium again: “Only in Green Bay.” 😀

paulwalker
    Participant

Dux, OK, I am in a much mellower mood tonight. I love passion, and DUX you definitely show it. There is nothing wrong with holding on to your passion. Insulting others is part of the game, and I’m pretty thicked-skinned, as I have been a radio PD for 25 years. Play on…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.