GUNS N Roses

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    radiodork
    Spectator

With it now being confirmed that the original lineup OF Guns N roses reuniting for the Cochella show, i thought a GNR discussion should be had. Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, Guns n Roses were probably one of my favorite bands. As far as rock goes, I think Appetite for Destruction is one of the greatest rock albums of all time. It is the one album that I have purchased probably 4 or 5 times. While Use your Illusions 1 and 2 didn;t have the venom or “Dirtiness” of Appetite, they still were pretty solid albums. Infact, some of the best material on the Illusions albums were the tracks that radio ignored.
    If you’re a GNR fan, whats your top 5 favorite songs?
    here are my favorite
    “COMA”
    “ESTRANGED”
    “ROCKET QUEEN”
    “CIVIL WAR”
    “LOCOMOTIVE”

duxrule
    Participant

Here’s your obtuse side note on GNR for this morning…If you’re Los Angeles, out in the area of the Sunset Strip, look for Canter’s Deli off of Fairfax. This is an authentic Jewish deli that has been in business since the 30’s, but this restaurant also has a place in Rock-and-Roll history. Being one of the few 24-hour places in the area, almost ALL of the great bands of 60’s and 70’s would hang there after their gigs on the strip, so there’s an amazing amount of historic memorabilia in the place (along with amazing food). One of the Canter kids also decided to get into promotion, and was the original manager of GNR. There’s a one-off book about GNR’s early days available for sale at the deli.

Brianl
    Participant

I am interested to see how Axl and Slash coexist, as that split was downright ugly.

I really liked the Use Your Illusions – they weren’t as punchy, but the creativity was out of this world.

radiodork
    Spectator

Hey Brian, it was just two years ago that Axl Rose was going around calling slash ” a cancer”. So yeah I agree with you, I have a hard time believing that they will be able to get along together. I think they couldn’t resist the paycheck. I think the amount of money they are getting offered was too good to refuse, so sadly I think they did this for the huge paycheck, not for the diehard fans. I doubt Slash and Axl would ever make an album together in the future because they each have two different ideas of how they want GNR to sound. Axl has always wanted to evolve the sound of GNR while Slash wants to stay true to the classic rock sound.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Axl’s net worth is estimated at $150 million, so it’s not like he’s hard up for money.

Slash is worth only $32 million, so maybe he’s the one hungry for the money?

Brianl
    Participant

If Slash, at $32 million, is hard up for money, he has bigger issues.

radiodork
    Spectator

They both have plenty of money but I have heard astronomical figures thrown their way for this reunion concert. I like slash, but I feel like he will do pretty much anything if the price is right.

Vitalogy
    Participant

I was speaking TIC on both Axl and Slash’s desire for money. I doubt it’s about the money at this point for either of them.

I hear they are looking at $3 million per show. And what you have to remember is, that’s a gross figure which does not include the expenses to put on that show.

radiodork
    Spectator

Brian and vitalogy what’s your top 5 favorite GNR songs?

Brianl
    Participant

Oh wow.

November Rain
    Patience
    Paradise City
    You Could Be Mine
    Don’t Cry

Vitalogy
    Participant

I’ve got many favorites, but these are 5 that I always turn up and listen to the entire song if it comes on.

It’s So Easy
    My Michelle
    One in a Million
    Mr. Brownstone
    Double Talkin’ Jive

radiodork
    Spectator

If it wasn’t for the controversial lyrics, ” one in a million” would have been a huge hit. One of the best acoustic songs I have ever heard. Slash’s guitar is spot on.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.