Greta Van Fleet

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  radiodork 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

radiodork
    Participant

For anybody that like the Classic 70’s rock sound you should check out the group Greta Van Fleet, they are awesome!! I actually first discovered them when i was listening to 94.7 NRK a few weeks back. This band literally blows me away, they are soo good. They are bringing back the 70’s rock sound (which I LOVE!) I hear heavy influnces from The Who and Led Zeppelin in their music. Kudos To KNRK for discovering them and playing them. Check them out.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  radiodork.

cbaravelli
    Participant

Yup.
    Another Jason Flom find. Real musicians with attitude. Any rock band with an Gibson SG Custom is OK by me.

radiodork
    Participant

Yeah in an era with shitty new rock like Imagine Dragons(if you can even call them rock) where they rely more on computers than actual talent/musicianship, its refreshing to hear some new rock from bands that actually play their own instruments. I think Greta Van Fleet will be huge. They are already picking up steam and will cause the rock pendulum to swing back to the days of electric guitars and real talent.
    Late last year Rolling Stone Magazine included them in 10 New Artists you need to know.
    And as Im writing this, i just saw that Greta Van fleet “highway Tune” is number 1 on the mainstream rock Chart according to Billboard. ITs about time some real rock comes back

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  radiodork.

cbaravelli
    Participant

Reminds me of those legendary garage rockers, Husker Du.
    Most of the catalog is early retro-metal. If yer gonna steal, steal from the best.

radiodork
    Participant

Cbaravelli,
    The lead singer sounds like a combo between Robert Plant,Geddy Lee and axl Rose.In fact the song Black smoke rising sounds like a really good Rush song.
    I also get a hint of Black crowes in their music also.

radiodork
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.