Gray TV to Purchase Meredith stations

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Gray TV to Purchase Meredith stations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

I read that the FCC has given the green light for Gray TV to purchase the Meredith TV station Cluster for $2.8 Billion. That would include both KPTV & KPDX. I wonder what changes will be made? I am sure the diginets will change as Gray owns Circle and a Sports Network. Portland is bound to get those. I think the SCRIPPS contracts come due in 2022, so Grit, Laff, Mystery, etc will move over to the ION stations only.
    I presume we will be getting Rewind sometime next year on probably 32.3, once that contract runs out to via Nexstar also.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Yesterday, the Gray TV Facebook page announced new GMs at six stations that will transition from Meredith ownership to Gray TV next month. No mention of KPTV/KPDX, but I’d expect that announcement to come sometime in the next few days. The first six appointments cover the following markets:
    Atlanta, GA (2 stations)
    Phoenix, AZ (2)
    Nashville, TN (WSMV, which recently added Circle to their sub channel lineup)
    Kansas City (2)
    Greenville/Spartanburg, SC (WHNS)
    Mobile, AL (WALA)

There was also a link on the Gray TV Facebook page to a PDF of the full announcement on their website, but I couldn’t read the PDF for some reason. This does confirm that the handover will take place next month. I’d also expect KPDX’s Fox 12+ nickname to fall out of use after the handover is completed. Should be an interesting few days there.

mwdxer1
    Participant

The contract with SCRIPPS should be running on in 2022, if the info I read is correct, so I presume Grit, Laff, Mystery, all will be gone from 12/49. Circle and Raycom Sports will probably fill at least two slots. I am glad Dish network has Grit & Laff, so I will continue to get them out here on the coast, as there are no translator for ION here.

msndrspdx
    Participant

This afternoon, the Gray TV Facebook page announced the appointment of a new GM at the Fox station in Cincinnati, Ohio, a pickup for Gray as part of the Meredith buyout deal. Looks like they’re apparently appointing new GMs at all of the former Meredith stations who will transfer to Gray ownership next month. Nothing said about KPDX/KPTV yet, but I imagine that will be forthcoming soon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.