Gore not ruling out another run

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Former vice president Al Gore is not ruling out a run in 2016 according to ABC News. Speculation for sure but the fact that ABC is reporting this is somewhat important.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I think he’s so vary far out of touch at this point. I predict FAIL.

The cynic in me suggests Gore running would serve only to dilute Bernie and remove the threat to the establishment he currently presents.

Right now, the question he’s posing to everyone is crystal clear. Too damn clear for the DNC, “third way” big business friendly Democrats.

If Gore runs, somebody somewhere thinks it’s worth it to muddy the waters.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

Al Gore is not going to run for president again. This may sound silly, but he is no longer married and I think That would be a problem running for president.

Amus
    Participant
    duxrule
    Participant

Electing Gore would be another huge step backward, not forward. No chance in hell.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Had he run (and won), he would have been the first bachelor president since James Buchanan.

Amus
    Participant

Besides, He already won once.
    The SCOTUS just didn’t let him serve.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Gore has no chance in hell. I hope he does himself a favor by not considering.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

It’s time for new faces and new thinking.

paulwalker
    Participant

Agree with everyone here, Gore is old news. And would likely make a GOP nominee the next POTUS.

However, there is something weird about all this. First, ABC would not have put this out without some solid sources. So my best guess is this was kind of a “feeler” news story, to take the temperature of the political climate. I could be wrong, but I think there is some interest from Gore. But again, I agree, he won’t be elected.

Anyone remember the speeding ticket he got driving to the Oregon Coast in 2004? Not that has anything to do with anything, but just a sidelight.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.