Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    nosignalallnoise
    Participant

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Andy Brown
    Participant

I’m from New Jersey. Actually I was born in Brooklyn.
    I only work in Portland.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Andy Brown
    Participant

Here’s the answer to why some feel as your relations do.

It’s the residue of the times of the earliest written history. It’s of consequence on a world basis and nothing but time can change that. As the systems of society matured away from that, it also spread out geographically. But as chaos theory predicts, the behavior and condition of dynamic systems are highly sensitive to initial conditions (see the Butterfly effect).

Filter it out and turn down the emotion. That always worked for me and my parents.

paulwalker
    Participant

Family is important. Yes sometimes you play along. Most of the time it works. And in the long run it becomes important.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Gouge. I didn’t know that. I went through the stress also! A had a black girlfriend. OMG the shit! The stress! The religious aspect don’t help shit now. Understand, Gouge. Sorry, for what it’s worth.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Hope you have the best possible Sunday, Gouge.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Dxer1969
    Participant

Thank you for your honesty, Gouge.
    Can you imagine every holiday, that is supposed to be a joyous occasion to be a major stress event? It is what contributed to my stroke. My family didn’t even approve of my “white” wife. I guess it just hurt too much. The years of accumative stress. Damn! If more support, I wouldn’t be in this predicament.
    Oh! All of my girlfriend’s and wife made me very happy and loved me very much!!

paulwalker
    Participant

So…this thread makes no sense since the OP deleted his posts. (BTW, I’m glad he did…they were counter-productive, but he did the right thing). An orphaned thread should also be deleted. Dan?

Vitalogy
    Participant

It was a nice rail against lame people. Too bad you erased it. It sounds to me like you are one of a billion or more who feel the same way about said religion and how it negatively affects your life.

The biggest issue man faces on earth is man’s relationship with made up lies which we call religion which is used to control people.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Even if I could erase my postings, I will not. I stand by them. But I will admit, I did a woe is me. In reality, My black lady and my wife had to endure more stress at these gatherings than myself. I stand by that. Will not erase.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

When I was in college, I had the opportunity to meet people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. I had several disappointing experiences with a few women from other cultures. At the time, I wondered, am I not funny enough? Am I not smart enough? Is there some other guy who is cooler? I really beat myself up over this.

Years later, I ran into a couple whose story meshes with that told by Dxer1969. In that couple, the woman’s parents never fully accepted the husband into the family because he was of a different nationality. In social situations, they would introduce him as their daughter’s “friend.” I no longer beat myself up over those failed dating experiences from my early 20s because my only “mistake” was that I was not born into the correct ethnicity and culture.

As far as the original poster goes, I won’t judge because I never had a chance to read the original posts. In the past, I have made some extremely irresponsible posts to this board. I learned my lesson from that (that is, words typed on Internet message boards aren’t just going into a vacuum).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.