Give me your tired…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Amus
    Participant

“Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Oh!
    They’re brown?
    Fuck that shit.

Broadway
    Participant

different “dispensation”—

Amus
    Participant

Because “Conservative Jesus” was all about carving out exceptions to mercy.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

If Islamic terrorists are representative of Islam, than the KKK is representative of Christianity. See how that works? Plain enough for the simple minded?

Conservative logic: Oh, (men, women, children, families) *fleeing* from terrorism are somehow, themselves, likely to become terrorists?

You idiots would flunk logic for fourth graders.

To say nothing of the completely ethically bankrupt immorality of a position that would deny asylum to a five year old due to the religion of their parents.

Seriously, Broadway. Go fuck yourself.

Langston
    Participant

Today’s Republicans are known for their fear mongering,war mongering and un-Christianlike behavior. The rest of us should not have to indulge them.

Broadway
    Participant

>>KKK is representative of Christianity
    and you just insulted my fathers teachings to me and my brothers as he taught us that all peoples of all time regardless of color are equals…and is messaged in the Bible…an that you don’t know and again your use of profanity greatly degrades your point. This whole issue is just a debate on national security and all sides have justification.

missing_kskd
    Participant
    Amus
    Participant

Tell me Broadway,

Does your version of Jesus care more about the use of profanity than he does about these swarthy little terrorists?

Syrian Refugees

Vitalogy
    Participant

National Security my ass.

How many Americans have been killed on American soil by former law abiding gun owning Americans in the last decade versus Americans killed by terrorism?

Who should we really be afraid of? Statistics say the refuges probably have a smaller percentage chance than your average American to commit terror.

Brianl
    Participant

Broadway, your incessant unwillingness to discuss, in good faith, rather than pounding Bible verses down our throats, is an insult to every single person in here. And your gross generalities and bigoted/racist overtones about Muslims (in this case) and the LGBT community, “in the name of God”, are much more offensive than LG’s spot-on use of profanities.

Amus
    Participant

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
    I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
    I was a stranger and you invited me in,
    I needed clothes and you clothed me,
    I was sick and you looked after me,
    I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him,
    ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you,
    or thirsty and give you something to drink?
    When did we see you a stranger and invite you in,
    or needing clothes and clothe you?
    When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you,
    whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Matthew 25:35-40

Broadway
    Participant

>> these swarthy little terrorists?

They are training them young and that should also be a concern for you.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/afghanistan-pakistan/isis-in-afghanistan/why-afghanistans-children-are-used-as-spies-and-suicide-bombers/

Amus
    Participant

What does the above passage from Matthew mean to you?

radiodork
    Spectator

It is irresponsible and dangerous to just assume that only widows and orphaned children are coming to our shores. Its also some of these Young kids from Syria – who are getting trained to carry out suicide attacks. Don’t let these young kids fool you, because they are just as dangerous. Plus Obama shouldnt come before the American people who are justifiably worried about their safety in the face of this governments’outright lies (this includes congress, not just the exec) and sugar coat this bullshit.
    Also, why take refugees when there are plenty of American citizens that need food shelter and clothing? The U.S. government exists to help its citizens first and foremost, not play world police and santaclause.

skeptical
    Participant

Nope, no reason at all to worry about the fat, white, gun-loving, NRA-kissing, Church-going, FOX-sheeping, male American citizesn whose arsenals kill themselves, their families and friends (and an occasional innocent bystander) at rate far higher than 9/11.

Nope, nothing here. Let’s stay focused on those brown people and give them a ass whooping for whatever, you know, cause Jesus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.