Get together

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    NoParty
    Participant

I’m ready! So make a date and I’ll clear my schedule!

Brianl
    Participant

Let’s not let this drop like we have in the past, kids. Let’s hammer down a date and place and make it happen!

missing_kskd
    Participant

Who Songs?

Third week of March?

Brianl
    Participant

Third full week works for me!

Andy Brown
    Participant

I’m not big on Whosong’s. On Yelp they are rated only 2.5 out of 5 over 123 reviews. Too many complaints about it being expensive. Inside is noisy as hell and its not outside weather yet (OK earlier this week it was, but that’s not going to last). I think we are better off at small to medium venues, not big ones, based on previousl performance. Just my 2ยข.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Let’s pick a different venue.

Does the third week work for everyone?

I’m thinking a late-afternoon into early evening time. What makes sense?

Amus
    Participant

Sadly, third week I’ll be out and will miss another one.

Have one for me!

Andy Brown
    Participant

Fourth week?

Venue suggestion: Luck Lab Hawthorne

Indoor/Outdoor or Private Room seats 45 (we won’t need that). Easy from any direction. Equidistant from Hillsboro, Gresham, Vancouver, Oregon City)

http://luckylab.com/hawthorne-brew-pub/

https://goo.gl/maps/qeUj7

Mrs.Merkin
    Participant

Gouge, I meant “they” as in all money-grubbing people who got rich off of the planning, spending, logistics, studies, etc. I believe Oregon far outspent Washington, no? I had the solution all along and nobody cared. Make it a double decker (i.e. Marquam), or a chunnell. Duh. You all owe me $5.

I don’t care where we meet, maybe it would be nice to have it in Vantucky for once, lots of you regulars live there.

Isn’t there something centrally located that isn’t a chain and is a good place to hang out with decent food? (as in: Not Hooters).

missing_kskd
    Participant

Dammit Amus!

Let’s reconsider. Fourth week works. In fact, I can flex for the next coupla months.

If you don’t want to put time here, email doug@opengeek.or

There has to be a time we cam maximize the group attendance.

Don’t know about you guys, but I really enjoy these. Let’s dig deep and work for it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Amus
    Participant

Don’t change to the 4th week on my account.
    I’ll be gone then too.

But don’t feel too badly for me.
    I’ll be in Phoenix watching Baseball.

๐Ÿ˜‰

Andy Brown
    Participant

How about April?

Mrs M, Vancouver is not centrally located. Neither is Hillsboro or Oregon City or Gresham. Downtown PDX is a parking problem. Inner SE or NE Portland are about the same distance from those outer locations. We have folks in all the outer locations. I’m just trying to minimize the inconvenience. Most of the previous locations were all somewhat centrally located, so no one has to make the trip from one end of the metro clear to the other.

paulwalker
    Participant

I’m actually in Portland right now staying at a Holiday Inn Express so if we meet up tomorrow I will be a genius according to the advertising campaign. I realize this will not happenhowever I will offer a friend and mine decided to have dinner and then go look for some local Oregon lottery gambling machines and what we found was kind of ugly lots of rowdy drunks every place we triedbut I guess on a Friday night that is what you would expect not a pleasant experience overall. Vendors seem indifferent.

Mrs.Merkin
    Participant

OK, Gentlemen. Are a couple of you feeling a little crabby or what? Is it the moon? Should I bring some Midol?
    I was only trying to be accommodating and open to trying something new (for a change). What- and where-ever somebody decides is fine since I have wheels and don’t mind driving, and would be happy to pick up or deliver any of you in the Metro area, unless you are a zealot or live east of 122nd, both of which are in my ‘yellow-zone’ of tolerance.

Brianl
    Participant

I also am willing and able to help give a ride, etc.

April is going to be tougher for me, with the store grand opening and what not. That said, I will roll with what everyone comes up with for a location and time.

I think the best bet is to find what works for the most amount of us. We will never pin down a time and place that works for 100% of us …

Let’s just make it happen, kids!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.