Game on!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    missing_kskd
    Participant

This is kind of brutal:

http://blog.chron.com/goplifer/2014/11/the-missing-story-of-the-2014-election/#28114101=0

It is almost too late for Republicans to participate in shaping the next wave of our economic and political transformation. The opportunities we inherited coming out of the Reagan Era are blinking out of existence one by one while we chase so-called “issues” so stupid, so blindingly disconnected from our emerging needs that our grandchildren will look back on our performance in much the same way that we see the failures of the generation that fought desegregation.

Something, some force, some gathering of sane, rational, authentically concerned human beings generally at peace with reality must emerge in the next four to six years from the right, or our opportunity will be lost for a long generation. Needless to say, Greg Abbott and Jodi Ernst are not that force.

Notable, if a bit more bleak than warranted.

While I disagree with the author on the “opportunities Reagan left us”, or at least what that might mean, I do very strongly agree with the author in that the Republican, read Stupid Party, who thinks you are stupid (and it appears I’m not alone by far in that characterization) party very seriously needs to think hard about whether or not continuing on failed ideas makes longer term sense.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.