fun Western trivia

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

where can you park at a hotel in one state and walk less than 50 yards to the lobby of the hotel? also what state is mostly in the Pacific time zone but recognizes the mountain time zone in certain small areas? and no it is not Arizona? I may have put this out here if so forgive me I just love this kind of stuff.

duxrule
    Participant

The upper NE corner of Oregon is in the Mountain time zone, as I recall. I also recall that at least one resort at Lake Tahoe straddles the California-Nevada state line in that matter. You can gamble on one side of the building, but not in the other.

paulwalker
    Participant

Sorry meant to say Park in one state andwalk 50 yards to the lobby of a hotel in another state? as far as Lake Tahoe could be but that is not the answer that I’m looking for for either question. keep trying Dux hint it is time to hit the tables.

QPatrickEdwards
    Participant

Sounds like McDermitt, NV-OR, on US95 at the southern border of Oregon. (Might be the White Horse Inn?)

The north portion of Malheur County is in the Mountain Time Zone, due to its proximity to and economic connection with Boise.

jr_tech
    Participant

I think that you did put the question out before… IIRC the answer to both questions is close to the town “BC”.

paulwalker
    Participant

BC not sure I understand that

jr_tech
    Participant

Bullhead City, Arizona / Laughlin Nevada area?

paulwalker
    Participant

Nope

jr_tech
    Participant

Wendover Utah/ West Wendover Nevada?

paulwalker
    Participant

bingo! The state line is actually outlined with some very hard to find markers between the parking lot and the hotel lobby. however if you look carefully you can see the state line. as for time zones both jackpot Nevada and West Wendover Utah both observe mountain time because most of their customers come from the Mountain Time Zone.

paulwalker
    Participant

West Wendover Nevada not Utah as a correction.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Although Idaho and Oregon are split between the Mountain and Pacific time zones, there are plenty of other split time zone states. Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Texas are divided between Central and Mountain time zones. Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, and Tennessee are split between Eastern and Central time zones.

Also out west, Alaska is divided between the Alaska time zone and the Hawaii-Aleutian time zone.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.