Full time HD has been affirmed by the FCC

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Full time HD has been affirmed by the FCC

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Chico
    Participant

Thank you for the explanation(s), Andy. Makes sense.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Newer cars with HD yes, but home radios? Very few. I have two Sony HD radios. One from a friend and the second one I found at a Goodwill for $5. Not many interested in them. Even though auto radios have HD, how many use them? I know people that have radios in their cars, but they either play CDs, or stream in some form.

lastday
    Participant

Thanks for the link Andy.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

have to think there are next to zero HD radios in houses. How far off base am I?

A little bit. They DO exist, you just have to look for them. I don’t think there are as many as there were say 10 or 12 years ago, which really isn’t saying much.

semoochie
    Participant

I have one in my bathroom.

Notalent
    Participant

I have a Sangean HDT-1 in my home stereo setup. It has a very good analog AM section as well. I listen to it daily. I also know a pub owner who bought the same exact receiver to play the All Blues HD 2 station on.

I live behind a hill from most transmitter sites so the HD radio picks up a clean HD signal while the analog FM is un listenable.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.