Frontier Communications Accepts Bid to bring broadband to 8500 rural Oregonians

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Frontier Communications Accepts Bid to bring broadband to 8500 rural Oregonians

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

Translators can only achieve so much in an effort to bring metropolitan dense media to rural Oregon. With streaming now well established as the best way to hear (and view) your favorite programming anywhere, bringing broadband to rural America is an important step. It finally is happening.

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2015/db0616/DOC-333932A1.pdf

Of course this was promised as part of the Telecommunications Reform Act of 1996 but was never funded by the GOP House after using it as a bargaining chip with President Clinton, to get him to sign off on the act. But that is a discussion for the political side of the forum.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Will they be using the portion of low VHF formerly used by NTSC channels 2 and 3 (54-66 MHz)?

missing_kskd
    Participant

I have Frontier fiber, and it is insane fast and robust.

They are still refining back end billing and other systems, but are nice about things too. Reasonable would be my assessment.

As an ISP, they seem to be low key and do the work to deliver good service.

Hope they do well in rural areas. I much prefer them to the likes of Comcast.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.