Florida Cyclist Dies After Gun in Pocket Goes Off

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Florida Cyclist Dies After Gun in Pocket Goes Off

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

A cyclist died after accidentally shooting himself on Thursday afternoon, police said.

Troy Earl Smith Jr., 25, was found lying on a street in St. Petersburg, Florida, with a gunshot wound to the chest. He later was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

After reviewing video from nearby businesses and talking to witnesses, detectives determined that Smith was riding his bike when the handgun he was carrying in his jacket pocket discharged.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-man-dies-after-gun-goes-during-bike-ride-cops-n322771

The gun nuts in FL just keep outdoing each other.

Amus
    Participant

Darwin strikes.

edselehr
    Participant

Gives “responsible gun owner” a new meaning.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Personal responsibility.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Cable news event.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I don’t have much sympathy, or concern for these individuals. Almost all of these situations are the result of stupidity.

It’s not the government’s roll to protect people from themselves.

Langston
    Participant

I believe the debate is whether or not the governmeNt should protect the rest of us from these stupid people.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

So far, the government isn’t doing so hot in the “protection” business.

skeptical
    Participant

Nebraska professor: “So far, the government isn’t doing so hot in the “protection” business.”

Yeah, damn those seat belt and air bags. And what’s with the disappearance of the LA smog? Who here misses the Tacoma Aroma?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.