First Person Account of British NHS (Healthcare)

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things First Person Account of British NHS (Healthcare)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    missing_kskd
    Participant

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/millennials-different-kurt-cagle

The National Health Service is, as all Americans know and fear, a completely public “socialized medicine” system. It’s dramatically different from the US’s patchwork system of private providers and insurance companies.

There are some very interesting experiences in this piece. Some basic assumptions we frequently make see challenges, making it worth a read.

paulwalker
    Participant

Good article, as I also like to examine demographics. The writer makes some excellent points, but not so much about health care.

The truth is we are at the point now where someone in their 50’s can quit their job (assuming they have enough savings to live on), and pay next to nothing for health insurance. Of course, this could all change with a stroke of the pen, but for now that is where we are. I was born in 1959, which according to the author places me as either a late boomer, or early genexer. I’m not sure those titles mean much to me at this point. However, he is right, it isn’t a bad age to be right now, compared to the M1’s and M2’s.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.