Ferguson riots

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Amus
    Participant

But being a Conservative Christian does make you a hypocrite.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I agree with those thoughts Alfredo.

Set that aside, and for me doing that is really easy, and one is left with some good thoughts to mull over.

missing_kskd
    Participant

@Amus: Zing!

lulz

Honestly, this depends on the conservative. I’ve one friend who is rather conservative, but not one to judge. We’ve discussed things, and I find it notable to understand he’s not really going to relate to being gay, for example, but he’s never, ever going to make it an issue with somebody either.

“Between them and God”, which is just fine, and IMHO entirely reasonable.

jerry1949
    Spectator

That was a “zing”?

It was an irrelevant personal attack of someone whose post was on topic.

Besides that it couldn’t be more untrue.

However, if anyone wants to make a special topic asserting that Christianity + conservatism = hipocricy, I’m game.

duxrule
    Participant

The refs would stop that fight before it even started.

jerry1949
    Spectator

Back on topic, I liked Watson’s facebook post and appreciated his insights and candor. I think he’s right that hope is in the gospel. That there were segregated churches was I believe because of segregation laws and not necessarily because of choice, but at any rate, Christians have to struggle to be Christians, besides having to work with the hand dealt to them my worldly circumstances.

duxrule
    Participant

Oh, please. Spare us the hair shirt and all the “difficulties” that there are with “being a Christian.” It’s no more difficult than being anyone else. It’s disappointing that people are focusing more on that one line about the Gospel and not on the body of the essay.

Amus
    Participant

To put Ferguson Riots into some perspective:

San Francisco Giants fans celebrate World Series win 2014:

University of Kentucky fans react to NCAA loss to Connecticut 2014.

Vancouver Canucks fans react to 4-0 Stanley Cup final loss to the Boston Bruins.

missing_kskd
    Participant
    jerry1949
    Spectator

Ann Coulter

The riot in Ferguson reminds me, I hate criminals, but I hate liberals more. They planned this riot. They stoked the fire, lied about the evidence and produced a made-to-order riot.

Every other riot I’ve ever heard of was touched off by some spontaneous event that exploded into mob violence long before any media trucks arrived. This time, the networks gave us a countdown to the riot, as if it were a Super Bowl kickoff.

From the beginning, Officer Darren Wilson’s shooting of Michael Brown wasn’t reported like news. It was reported like a cause.

The media are in a huff about the prosecutor being “biased” because his father was a cop, who was shot and killed by an African-American. What an assh@le!

missing_kskd
    Participant

Statements like hers help people to understand why the left is making progress on social issues.

missing_kskd
    Participant

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/newly-released-witness-testimony-tell-us-michael-brown-shooting/

This is an interesting look at the data seen by the Grand Jury.

Not a clear cut case at all.

jerry1949
    Spectator

Looking at that data it’s much more clear cut than I suspected, in spite of PBS’ biased overview.

We can remove half the witnesses who said mb was shot while running away, since the facts prove he was not shot in the back. The remaining witnesses are consistent with each other and the facts.

duxrule
    Participant

What about the witnesses who say that he had his hands up?

edselehr
    Participant

“We can remove half the witnesses who said mb was shot while running away, since the facts prove he was not shot in the back.”

An incorrect conclusion. The witnessed were asked if Brown was “fired upon” while running away. They were not asked if he was hit with a bullet.

A possible scenario: Wilson shot at Brown while Brown retreated. Brown perceived the shots whizzing by him and turned, maybe to surrender. Then Wilson shot and hit Brown while Brown faced him.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.