FEEL the BERN

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    missing_kskd
    Participant

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/14/bernie-sanders-is-winning-with-the-one-group-his-rivals-cant-sway-voters

Digging deeper into the numbers shows even more good news for Sanders: nationally, he is beating Clinton by 2-1 with voters younger than 45, and by 20 points with female voters younger than 35. In New Hampshire there is not one demographic group in which Clinton is beating Sanders. He’s also made recent gains among African Americans and Hispanics – both demographics long considered Clinton strongholds.

This is a pretty good read. So interesting how the overseas media operation does cover things horse race style, like ours, but also does tend to put some detail out there for people to think about too, which ours so often doesn’t.

radiodork
    Spectator

Best news ever! Throw Hillary into The Big House not the White House.

skeptical
    Participant

The Bern’ age group generally does not go to the polls. Hillary’s people will.

I like being Berned, but his time is 8 to 12 years from not. Hopefully there will be someone filling his shoes by then. 2016 is the baby boomers’ last hurrah. The GOP last hurrah was in 2004.

Carry on.

duxrule
    Participant

NBC published a poll of Iowa Democrat caucusgoers during last night’s cast, reporting that Sanders is now within the margin of error against Clinton. Clinton leads by only two points, 42-40.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

In an unrelated note, I find it amusing that some incredibly ill-informed, simplistic, and derp laden comments apparently took multiple revisions and edits.

Langston
    Participant

Them there big words is hard to spell.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Think Skep is correct. He is also cutting edge like Vit. Knows his shit! But still. I like Bernie. Would vote for him now! But alas, the election is a year away. Sigh.

skeptical
    Participant

Another thing, even if Sanders gets elected, he won’t be able to make sweeping changes — anyone voting for him and expecting that will be disappointed.

Millennials will need 8 to 12 years to get their people in Congress. Maybe President Al Franken will be ready to lead the way.

Still, if Sanders is elected, he can make administrative rules changes and hand out executive orders to make bankers and Wall street folks squirm. At that’s popcorn time for many of us. 🙂

missing_kskd
    Participant

I’m voting Bernie.

A Dem three-fer would definitely be a good thing. It may marginalize some of this “center right” BS, as well as the “both sides” garbage seemingly everywhere on the media.

The GOP may actually have to reconsider it’s push for purity, and that too is a good thing. Clinton will do what Obama did, and while it was not bad. Not at all. It could have been much better.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

So interesting how the overseas media operation does cover things horse race style, like ours, but also does tend to put some detail out there for people to think about too, which ours so often doesn’t.

On the same line, the Master of Disaster has enjoyed BBC’s coverage of our election circus. Although can’t be too sure if they’re laughing at us or with us.

Another thing, even if Sanders gets elected, he won’t be able to make sweeping changes…

True. Sanders position on the issues is also a much better starting point for what would come than what others have proposed and/or have copied. A better bargaining chip if you will. And the Master of Disaster plans to do the “Democrat for a day” thing in May to vote for Sanders (actually a few weeks, before the ballots go out until the day after Primary Election Day), assuming he’s still in the running by the time we get to the Primary here in Oregon.

Trust me, there’s plenty of “issues” that I’m ignoring simply because they aren’t as important.

Dxer1969
    Participant

The BBC are laffin at US, of course. They think American politics are silly. And especially, the Republicans! Damn! What a joke they are. Trump? Maybe not so much. At this time, he seems like a legitimate threat. Not only to his party, but for the country as well.

Broadway
    Participant
    missing_kskd
    Participant

I’m interested in the Bernie I see today, not the one from a long time ago.

Making some things public would not a be a bad idea, frankly.

Breaking some big companies up, banks in particular, isn’t a bad idea either. Give ’em a bonus, and have the US Post Office restart it’s banking program. A little non-profit, self-supporting (which the Post Office is, doesn’t cost you a cent as a tax payer, funded by postage) competition would transform the mess that is banking for way too many Americans today.

Besides, Broadway. Your guys are up there chest thumping and just saying shit. When they actually post up meaningful plans and expectations for the outcome of those plans that we can look at and evaluate in our own lives, get back to me.

Until then?

Fucking clowns. The lot of them.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Glad you beat me to it, sir! Wanted to say more. Probably go overboard again. So I will leave it alone.

Broadway. It’s OK. Keep posting. What? You? The only CON left on the forum. Good! Glad you are sticking around. Me? Nothing personal against you. Just sayin.

Broadway
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.