FCC Fines & Other FCC Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio FCC Fines & Other FCC Happenings

This topic contains 207 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Borderblaster 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 196 through 208 (of 208 total)
  • Author

Andy Brown
    Participant

boisebill
    Participant

Cochise Broadcasting (WY ID UT AZ etc) has a consent decree with the FCC.
    11 stations short term one year renewal with strict conditions. If not met license(s) will be surrendered.
    9 surrendered stations. Must be donated to non-profit entity or license surrendered.
    http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2017/db0526/DA-17-458A1.pdf

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2017/db0526/DA-17-459A1.pdf

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  boisebill.

Andy Brown
    Participant

You may wish to note that although the FCC is “shutdown,” they are still auctioning off spectrum and collecting income. As such, they must continue to process all the paperwork that creates and report to the public about it.

As a result, the Daily Digest is reduced to a few lines.

Here, see for yourself:

https://www.fcc.gov/edocs/daily-digest/2019/01/22

mwdxer1
    Participant

One thing I read into these pirates that have been busted. They are so blatant. Used to be if the FCC busted you, the person shut it down and apologized hoping they would not get fined. These people are in real trouble if they thumb their nose at the FCC. They could spend jail time. I don’t know of any who have, but it is always a possibility. Add to that a huge fine that the person probably could not pay, so there goes their credit down the tube. It is not 1970 any longer.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Screamer
    Participant

Andy,

If I read this correctly, it could potentially allow some local groups like X-Ray and religious broadcasters to snap up LPFM’s. If localism and diversity no longer gives an entity an edge in the process, someone like CBN could come in and apply for every Non-com and LPFM frequency available in the country and would be on equal footing with a local group trying to start a LPFM. Feels like that kinda defeats the purpose of establishing the LPFM’s in the first place.

Andy Brown
    Participant

I didn’t see anything about changes to the LPFM ownership rules which are limited to one per licensee.

Screamer
    Participant

I guess I was reading into the assignment clause.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

TOOL SHED PDX has requested a Silent STA for KXYQ-LP/PORTLAND.

OPAL ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE OREGON has applied for a Silent STA for KICN-LP/PORTLAND.

ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN NETWORK OF OREGON has filed for a Silent STA for KVBE-LP/PORTLAND due to a malfunctioning combiner.

Chico
    Participant

Turns out, radio is hard. Whodathunk?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

KXYQ-LP, KICN-LP, and KVBE-LP all are licensed to the same transmitter site as KQRZ. In practice, this just means that the simulcast of KQRZ on 101.5 MHz will go off the air, as 96.7 has been silent for quite some time, and 89.5 never signed on, to the best of my knowledge.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

As of a few days ago (Sunday, if memory serves me correctly), KXYQ-LP (101.5) is silent.

Borderblaster
    Participant
Viewing 13 posts - 196 through 208 (of 208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.