Faux News – they make it up, you decide.

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Faux News – they make it up, you decide.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RobP
    Participant

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/04/us-usa-police-baltimore-shooting-idUSKBN0NP1TJ20150504

Apparently the network reported they saw a suspect go after Baltimore police today before officers pulled their guns and shot him – thing is, the suspect was never shot by cops as his gun fell while being chased and went off. Oops.

Can you say throwing gas on an already smoldering fire?

kennewickman
    Participant

This is what it appeared to be. Also, To many people who witnessed it on the street . Fox just happened to be there at that intersection doing some background cuts. Many eyewitnesses saw a similar scenario and were stoked to the gills over it, of course . One young woman swore she saw ” the white cop ” shoot him the back, that , because an officer had his gun drawn and was pointing it at the purp when he reached into this waistband and dropped his weapon on the sidewalk, the policeman never shot his gun .

The purp was carried away on a stretcher and put into an ambulance because he hit the ground hard when he dropped the gun and it went off and they were obligated to get him checked out for injuries .

The only clue was that there was no blood anywhere at the scene that anyone could see , but that fact didn’t come to light until the Baltimore Police released a statement that there was no shooting, but an arrest .

I am glad this happened exactly as it did. It just focuses light upon so called ” eyewitness” testimony and how un-reliable it really is , in many cases.

Amus
    Participant

And here is a very rare occurance indeed!

Fix News retracts.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/fox-baltimore-on-air-retraction

And in calling it an “honest mistake” they did something even more rare for FNC.

They did something honest.

paulwalker
    Participant

I happened to be watching all of this today. Fox had a witness that they spent probably 10 minutes with describing with great clarity seeing the police shoot this man. She was absolutely insistent that she “saw them shoot him”. She was believable, but in the end she was either lying to promote the anti-police movement, or she didn’t really see it, but believed everything she was hearing. The BPD quickly brought this under control, if they had not, there would be riots tonight. Baltimore remains very tense and will be for sometime IMO.

Amus
    Participant

Can you imagine the non-stop frothing that would be going on at FNC if this had been aired by another media outlet?

paulwalker
    Participant

Yeah, that is a good point Amus. I thought for awhile today, why is Fox beating CNN and MSNBC to this story? Then I realized they didn’t beat anyone they beat themselves. My guess is they are trying to play catch-up to CNN with breaking news, but failed miserably today. I rarely watch Fox, but when CNN stuck with the POTUS speech today while Fox had this wrong headline, I was inclined to see what they had…which was nothing. CNN was cautious and deliberate, and at the end of the day, atleast in a media sense, they won the day.

missing_kskd
    Participant

A retraction!

Small steps people. Small steps. 🙂

paulwalker
    Participant

Fox. We report. You decide if we are accurate.

skeptical
    Participant

“Fox. We report. You decide if we are accurate”

I wonder what Mitt Romney has to say about this.

Amus
    Participant

Small steps indeed, but the retraction, while I’m sure was authorized, was delivered by Shepard Smith who is universally despised by the RWNJ community.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yeah, that’s true. It was widely ignored on that basis.

That said, Shep is hilarious! He’s actually not a bad guy, and I sometimes wonder what FOX thinks of him. The whole thing is just odd.

Also Candy Crush Saga on really big screens.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.