Expected: Comparisons to JFK tragedy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

I knew this would be coming, but in some cases it makes sense.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/shadow-of-jfk-shooting-falls-on-dallas-police-ambush-our-nightmare-returning/

The comparisons are somewhat eerie in that there was initial confusion of how many gunmen there were, the shots were fired from above, and just blocks away from Dealey Plaza. The injured were taken to Parkland Hospital. Also, one officer was killed after JFK was assassinated.

At the end of the day, the story comparisons end there.

The bravery of the Dallas police is what is evident today.

Andy Brown
    Participant

IMO it’s only media overreach. The only similarities are geographically based.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

At best. Totally asinine.

paulwalker
    Participant

I would generally agree, but this is an emotional subject to those in Dallas. There have been locals making connections, and they really have nothing to gain from it.

I also stated that the comparison ended. Just bringing up part of the story, like it or not.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Of course. Criticism not directed at you, sir.

paulwalker
    Participant

Fair enough.

But Dallas is indeed a city that seems to be in the target of bad luck. True, it means nothing, but many who are over the age of 50, and have lived through it, are sensitive to the history. That is the only point here.

The similarities are true, but likely just coincidence.

paulwalker
    Participant

Then, there is this. The columnist says it much better than I ever could…

Front page editorial, Dallas Morning News today.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/20160709-editorial-this-city-our-city.ece

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.