Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,083 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

This is the wrong board but due to recent comments, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of Cumulus buying Alpha. OK, I looked up 98.5 because I didn’t know what you were talking about. It’s a construction permit for a translator with a coverage area from Junction City to Cottage Grove!

Broadway
    Participant
    the_radio_guy
    Participant

I highly suspect that Cumulus has been working with EMF to acquire 103.7, due to the fact that KXPC has a CP for the KNRQ/KEHK tower on Blanton Heights. 103.7 will have a signal identical to the current 97.9 KNRQ.

Broadway
    Participant

Don’t know if Cumulus has been talking to KSHL with their interest in another coastal move-in…just down one dial notch (97.7)but reduced power/class…would be a natural to keep station in market…in fact it’s a CP—

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=KSHL&service=FM&status=C&hours=U

the_radio_guy
    Participant

I’m picking up 103.7 KXPC in Grants Pass, with the same signal strengh as 97.9 KNRQ. Did 103.7 move to Blanton Heights already? 🙂

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

103.7 still sounds like crap in SE Eugene. They couldn’t have moved yet.

Broadway
    Participant

107.1 and 103.7 broadcasts from the same site over Sweet Home…same audio programming…guess someone has some dollars to spend.

Joe
    Participant

This is from All Access:

CUMULUS LICENSING LLC is swapping Hot AC KRUZ/GOLETA-SANTA BARBARA to EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION for Contemporary Christian KXPC (K-LOVE)/LEBANON-EUGENE, OR. The deal includes a time brokerage agreement before closing. CUMULUS will retain the KRUZ calls

silverdollar
    Participant

Inquiring minds would like to what happened to KKNU-FM afternoon douche Jon Michaels. It was like he was there one day and gone the next. Is he in contract talks? Did he get fired ? If anyone knows the truth it is here on the board.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

Given the tone of your message, why do you care? His pic is still on the website.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Filing with the FCC, ARLIE & COMPANY is selling Oldies KLZS-A/EUGENE, OR to EUGENE COMEDY RADIO for $225,000. The station will end its simulcast of/LMA to crosstown MIELKE BROADCASTING GROUP Oldies KKNX-A (SOLID GOLD RADIO 84) with the new ownership.

jay_zie
    Participant

I think they paid way too much for it.

Broadway
    Participant

1450 AM use to show up well in the Eugene Arbitron.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

The simulcast with 840 ended about a month ago. After 3 weeks dark it came back on a week ago with Michael O’Shea’s All-Comedy Radio. I’m not impressed with most of what I’ve heard so far. http://www.allcomedyradio.com/corporate_info.php

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Air 1 Comes To Southern California On KRUZ And Playlist 92.7 Trimulcast

EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION has pulled the trigger on the flip of newly-LMA’d KRUZ/SANTA BARBARA, CA from Hot AC to its Christian Rock AIR 1 format.

EMF swapped Contemporary Christian KXPC (K-LOVE)/LEBANON-EUGENE, OR to CUMULUS to acquire KRUZ; the format flip took place on FRIDAY night at midnight (PT). While the KRUZ FACEBOOK page said that the Hot AC format would continue online, kruz.com now redirects to CUMULUS Hot AC WKRU/GREEN BAY.

And down the coast, EMF has taken over AMATURO AC/Adult Hits trimulcast KLST/FOUNTAIN VALLEY (ORANGE COUNTY), KLSI/THOUSAND OAKS-VENTURA, and KLSN/ADELANTO-VICTORVILLE, CA (PLAYLIST 92.7) and installed the AIR 1 format as well. The flip came at the same time as KRUZ’s flip.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,083 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.