Eugene Radio Happenings

Viewing 14 posts - 1,096 through 1,109 (of 1,109 total)
  • Author
    newshound
    Participant

Paulwalker, I am fairly sure that within the last year or two, I saw a KEZI ad claiming to be the top rated TV news source in Eugene. I vaguely recall reading enough of the fine print to be convinced that the claim was legit. But I don’t remember any of this for sure.

KVAL and KMTR are essentially a merged entity (and KVAL also supplies the news for KLSR), so KEZI is the only alternative for folks who don’t want a taste of Sinclair’s politics mixed into their local news. KEZI also seems to try a bit harder and have a slightly higher overall standard, although I do prefer the Sinclair graphics.

lastday
    Participant

I like KVAL’s presentation, but they’re forced to run Sinclair’s Full Measure so often that I’ve been watching more KEZI. I would guess that KEZI has gotten a nice bump since Sinclair came to town.

chessyduck
    Participant

And speaking of KEZI news… Does Rick Dancer ever appear on the Eugene airwaves anymore , e.g. commercials, PSAs, etc. ?

radiogiant
    Participant

Lastday, are you afraid of hearing the truth from a great program called Full Measure ? One if its reporters in Lisa Verch, now Fletcher who used to work at sleezy KEZI.

lastday
    Participant

Yes I am deathly afraid of “Sinclair Truth”.

Just curious since I avoid the show like it’s the Delta variant. Has Sheryl Atkisson done a deep dive on Trump’s continuing lies? You know, holding powers accountable? Like I say I wouldn’t know since I don’t watch the show.

lastday
    Participant

It’s 6:39 and KMTR is promoting news stories set to air at 6:30. Lol. Fail. Also one of their news readers sounds like his mic is in another room.

Big John
    Participant

Ted Hicks passed away yesterday of cancer, he will be missed by all of us here in the Eugene Market. He was KUGN’s engineer for many years, and was instrumental in the engineering of KKNX AM 840 and KEED, for us here at Mielke Broadcasting. He was a great friend.

lastday
    Participant

Sorry to hear of his passing. Just out of curiosity is contract engineer Dylan Hicks related?

Big John
    Participant

Yes Ted is Dylan’s Father.

lastday
    Participant

KRVM-AM is now up on translator K254DN 98.7.

radiogiant
    Participant

I’m sad to report the Anchor/Journalist/sport reporter David Walker passed this morning at Peace Health Riverbend. More details to come for services etc..
    He was 67. Rest in peace and be free of pain sir.

paulwalker
    Participant

Sad to hear. Walker was a warm, yet authoritive anchor who was a real asset to the Eugene market. Nice change from the usual just out of college kids who use the market only as a stepping stone. (Not that there is anything wrong with that route).

lastday
    Participant

The KVAL David Walker? That’s very sad news. 🙁

e_dawg
    Participant

Speaking of Eugene TV news, you only get 2 choices when it comes to news in Eugene. Sinclair Broadcasting (KVAL 13 & SSA KMTR 16) and Allen Broadcasting KEZI 9.

Viewing 14 posts - 1,096 through 1,109 (of 1,109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.