Eugene Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    lastday
    Participant

KRVM is scrambling to get the translator going on 98.7 for the AM signal before the CP expires. FCC would not grant them an extension so it’s either use it now or lose it.

lastday
    Participant

98.1 is now carrying KUGN, although the text stuff says KSCR-FM All Your Favorite Hits.

lastday
    Participant

As a side note, the transmitter for 98.7 K254DN will be on Blanton. So it should have pretty good coverage.

russell-curry
    Participant

For some reason, the 102.9 KUGN translator is still broadcasting. About how close would you have to get to that before it would come up equal with KUJZ? I know the old 95.7 reggae pirate was easily stronger.

lastday
    Participant

Maybe the local pool of contract engineers is tapped out right now.

98.1 does say “HOME OF THE DUCKS” now.

Big John
    Participant

102.9 translator is sitting on the roof of the KUGN transmitter building. I don’t know the power setting, but it is not much. 98.1 the old 1320 translator is on Blanton Heights. The KKNX,KEED,KORE,KPNW,translators and BOb FM and McuKenzie’s Mexican station are all on KZEL’s old tower on Blanton.

Big John
    Participant

AM 1320 KSCR’s Tower was taken down and is a pile of scrap metal. Now 660AM in Junction City can be moved to Eugene.
    It is for sale, but priced to high for the market. It will most likely go dark before a buyer comes by the will pay what they are asking. ($260,000.00 + -)

chessyduck
    Participant

I wonder if there are any HAZMAT issues with the tower paint given the tower is quite old , e.g. lead? Hopefully the owners could save the funky red tower lights. They are popular collectors items…

lastday
    Participant

Driving in Springfield around noon today, the information on the list of available stations changed for 94.5. It said “94.5 The Buzz” and the HD light came on, although I couldn’t get an HD lock. The programming was definitely KMGE.

I did an FCC query for 94.5 in Oregon and besides KMGE the only other station that came up is KJDY in Canyon City.

?

chessyduck
    Participant

It might be a side effect of E-skip or meteor scatter.Where I live , yesterday a local analog station on 89.3 had its HD channel map replaced by an NPR affiliate 1000 miles away… We’re having intense E’s this summer.The interesting thing is I never heard the distant station..just saw the map as evidence.

lastday
    Participant

Doing a little googling it could have been 94.5 KTBZ-FM “The Buzz” in Houston, which is in HD. Crazy! Maybe some fragment of their digital signal made it all the way here.

russell-curry
    Participant

I remember a skip event one afternoon in June of ’77, I lived in Cottage Grove, and had a ten-element Archer on the roof. It lasted several hours, and was like flying over the southwest with a radio. It started with Flagstaff and Show Low, then down to Phoenix and Tucson, coming right up over the Eugene stations, which were mostly weaker then. Then the dial cleared to just one reservation station in Ramah, New Mexico, then moving on to Albuquerque and El Paso.

chessyduck
    Participant

Saw this at the JPR website… dated 24 August

“Our News & Information service on KRVM 1280 AM in Eugene may experience intermittent issues during the next few days as we work to resolve an ongoing problem.”

newshound
    Participant

Just in case anyone here cares about Eugene TV — KORY-CD (virtual channel 15) seems to be trying to be a bit more of a real TV channel. Historically this station has had one or two programmed diginets (Cozi and maybe one other) and mostly shopping channels. The shopping channels are gone, replaced with real channels or the test pattern:

15.1 – Bounce
    15.2 – Cozi
    15-3 – CourtTV
    15-4 – Grit
    15-5 and 15-6: Test pattern

paulwalker
    Participant

Speaking of Eugene Tv, anyone know who is winning the local news ratings? Back when I lived there late 90’s/early 2k, it was KEZI usually first, KVAL 2nd, and KMTR last.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.