Eugene Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

I didn’t say it was a good idea or how well it works, only that that was the reason.

lastday
    Participant

KRVM is finally getting many of their volunteer DJs back in the studio. The 4J school district is requiring that the DJs have proof of full vaccination, plus they have to pass a background check now (it’s at a school) and pass some kind of online safety course.

russell-curry
    Participant

KNND has a translator on the air now at 99.7. It is not listed on radiolocator at this point, I don’t know if that means it is still a CP, or if Locator is slow. It doesn’t seem to be in stereo at this point. A few of the strongest translators there get out a little better, but it stays strong until just north of Creswell.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

I can hear it in noisy mono in SE Eugene. The studio may still be mono.

chessyduck
    Participant

The license-to-cover for the new K259DE 200-watt 99.7 translator was submitted on 8 June.

Unless you live in Lane County you won’t hear KNND as they don’t stream on the Internet. They do however have a nice antique telephone collection in the show window of their Cottage Grove offices.

(Radio-locator.com has been slow lately in posting … especially for audio stream and website updates.)

Andy Brown
    Participant

Radio locator has always been slow and unreliable. It is a search engine of their compiled database, not a true data source.

russell-curry
    Participant

Locator still has KYTE broadcasting from their inland site. They have a place where you can write them with corrections, and I’ve written that KYTE returned to their coast site years ago, but it’s made no difference.

semoochie
    Participant

The issue is not with Radio-Locator. Here is everything the FCC has on KYTE: https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/fmq?call=kyte&fileno=&state=&city=&freq=0.0&fre2=107.9&serv=-1&status=&facid=&asrn=&class=&list=0&ThisTab=Results+to+This+Page%2FTab&dist=&dlat2=&mlat2=&slat2=&NS=N&dlon2=&mlon2=&slon2=&EW=W&size=9 You can click on any of the links but you won’t find anything indicating that they have returned to their former site, other than an STA from 2018 that expired the following December and was not renewed.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

AM 1320 and it’s 98.1 FM translator are off the air today.

chessyduck
    Participant

Cumulus must be blowing up the format. The old “981thevalley” website no longer works.

The URL/DNS resolution redirects to a more corporate-centric website:
    https://cumuluspro-express-pro.franklymedia.com/

The audio stream also is dead: https://14023.live.streamtheworld.com/KSCRAM_SC

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

This logo, found on their Wikipedia page might be a clue.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KSCR_(AM)#/media/File:KSCR_AM_logo_2018.png

boisebill
    Participant

I know nothing.
    No really! They don’t tell me shit anymore about what’s going on.

lastday
    Participant

I might be wrong but I don’t think that logo is new. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it somewhere before. Maybe a TV spot? Cumulus Eugene does occasionally promote Eugene cluster stations on TV.

Big John
    Participant

1320am is no longer. The license has been turned back to the FCC. The FM translator will be used for KUGN.
    This news came to us at the laser EAR’s board meeting in Eugene, from the new GM.

Big John
    Participant

1320am is no longer. The license has been turned back to the FCC. The FM translator will be used for KUGN.
    This news came to us at the laser EAR’s board meeting in Eugene, from the new GM.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.