Eugene Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,084 total)
  • Author
    s12dxer
    Participant

Yeah, so there must be some power up there.

Broadway
    Participant

Snow on the STL dish—where’s the broom with the long handle?

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

KRVM now has an HD2 with “Modern Music.” Sounds similar to OPB Music.

jr_tech
    Participant

Not too shabby! pretty solid tonight in Hillsboro… only a few minor drop outs of the HD-2.

Funny thing, after the HD-2 was added, a problem that I was having with their HD-1 stream *not* reverting to analog when the signal dropped seems to have been cured.

Is KZEL HD on tonight? I see no indication at all.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

KRVM-HD2 debuted around February 10th, and the format is very similar to KNRK.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

Still no HD on KZEL.

“…debuted around February 10th”

I don’t fire up the Sony tuner very often. Before KRVM’s latest offering I didn’t have much reason to. KLCC’s HD2 PRI feed is similar to several other analog sources, and everything else coming through that tuner, whether analog or HD1, sounds heavily digitized.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

The Federal Communications Commission has issued Notice of Unlicensed Operation to: FRANK MCCRACKEN and J PRO LLC (98.5 FM, EUGENE, OR).

____________________________________________________________________________________

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2012/db0221/DOC-312562A1.pdf

semoochie
    Participant

It’s curious that it’s on the same frequency as the one in Olympia!

Borderblaster
    Participant

wtf? Olympia

Chico
    Participant

Doubt there is any connection- pirates are going to go to a blank spot on the dial.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

I heard a pirate on 98.5 not more than 10 days ago using the call letters “KHAC.” It was some guy reading a long, boring article, then he signed off and I haven’t found him since. I haven’t noticed any other pirate signals around Eugene in recent months.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

ARLIE & COMPANY has closed on the sale of KXOR-A/JUNCTION CITY, OR to ZION MULTIMEDIA OREGON CORPORATION for $548,100 ($498,100 in a promissory note).

Broadway
    Participant

Wow, the selling price of this station has actually gone up over the

years…from Pamplin to Arlie to Zion…interesting…

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Oregon Translator Trio Sold

DOUGLAS COUNTY GOSPEL ECHOES is selling three FM translators — K244CF/MYRTLE CREEK, OR, K288CW/ROSEBURG, OR, and K296AW/SUTHERLIN-OAKLAND, OR — to the UNIVERSITY OF OREGON for $35,000.

______________________________________________________________________________________

These translators rebroadcast KYTT Coos Bay, K-Light’s Christian Contemporary format.

silverdollar
    Participant

KKNX has moved its studio’s from Garfield street to the Delta Triad building over next to Valley River Center. I wonder if John also moved his printing business also.

Also….while listening to KMGE (mix 94.5) they are mixing up their recorded liners with male voices and also heard the Hollies – long cool woman in a black dress. Don’t get me wrong, great song. Just doesn’t seem to fit what they are doing.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,084 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.